We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is train Alexandria to Cairo working?

4 posts
Save Topic
Is train Alexandria to Cairo working?

Hi, I want to get a train from Alexandria to Cairo on Thursday, are they running as usual? If not how should we travel to Cairo?

Thanks

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
881 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is train Alexandria to Cairo working?

There was an interview with the minister of transportation yesterday in which he said all trains will be working by "Eid El-Adha" holiday, that's after 2 weeks. I hope its real this time. All what we can do is wait and see.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
188 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is train Alexandria to Cairo working?

Thanks for that khaledmh, that sure is good news, now we wait and see, am sooo looking forward to my trip.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
97 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is train Alexandria to Cairo working?

I am also waiting for some updated news on trains working between Cairo & Luxor...As per the last post there were 14 trains which had started. I hope everything settles down and trains start again by this month..Or else my budget is going to shoot up if I have to take flights.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
188 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Is train Alexandria to Cairo working?

Pri0103, I also have busget restraints so am praying not only for the trains to return, but for Egypt to settle down to normality so the people can have their jobs back, especially those relying on thr tourists. My trip is only in December but I can't wait! Enjoy your time there

15. Re: Is train Alexandria to Cairo working?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:17