We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tej Marhaba

birmingham
5 posts
Save Topic
Tej Marhaba

Hi

Me and my 13 year old son are going to stay at the tej marhaba in june. This will be our first trip abroad on our own, after reading the reviews i am slightly conerned about the hotel, also wondering if there are any excursions we can go on and the average price of them.

Hope you can help....

Medina of Sousse
Historic Sites, Flea & Street Markets
Ribat
Observation Decks & Towers, Sacred & Religious Sites
Grande Mosque
Sacred & Religious Sites
London
Level Contributor
8,768 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tej Marhaba

Don't worry about the hotel - I still think it one of the better hotels in Sousse. June will be wonderful weather and there is large outdoor swimming pool and sunbathing area as well as indoor pool. The beach is only 5 minutes walk. Meals will be buffet style so normally plenty of choice and reception area quite lively in evenings with central bar and entertainment. I really don't think there are any negative points about the hotel.

Not sure about excursion prices as always travel round independently but sure others will advise you of price as they will be same from all hotels.

Europe
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tej Marhaba

Nothing to worry, the Tej Marhaba is a hotel with lost of business guests and business facilities (conference rooms etc.), so the amount of hassling there is considerably lower than in the typical tourist hotels.

The Tej Marhaba has no direct beach access though, but the outdoor pool area and inhouse pool look quite pleasant. To the beach, you will have to walk for like 5 minutes and cross a very busy road.

london
Level Contributor
114 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tej Marhaba

I stayed there in November last year, and went on my own. The staff were very helpful. Had a problem in my room, and it was fixed immediately. The only issue I had was the cats sometimes walking through the restaurant.

I did the Medina ramble excursion which was 10 dinar. I also went on the Tunis/Carthage/Sidi Bou Said, excursion which was one day. This included a trip to the Tunis Medina, The Bardo Museum, Carthage Ruins and Sidi Bou Said, with lunch included, that cost 70 dinar, with Thomas cook.

birmingham
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tej Marhaba

Thank you, you have put my mind at rest now.

Kenmare, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kenmare
Level Contributor
288 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tej Marhaba

Hi sarah, i am just back fromTej Marhaba having stayed there last week. The hotel rooms are a bit dated bit ok , plenty of hot water good beds, a little bit on the firm side for me though. The rooms higher up in the hotel are fine but it can be noisy at night time if you are facing the street but reception will change your room with no hassle. The food was ok and all laid out in buffet style. The outside pool was beautiful but a bit cold wheras the indoor pool was very warm and i do mean very warm, a little bit colder than hot soup ha ha. The staff in the hotel were so friendly and helpful like wise all the staff in the pub at far end of hotel. There are a few trips to do and the trip to the zoo and to see the zulu dancers was good fun but the food was very small. The beach is only 5-6 mins away. Plenty of taxis just outside front door or you can go by horse and carrige as well. We had a nice relaxing holiday, i wish i was still there....

Tim....

birmingham
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tej Marhaba

Thanks Tim,

I was just a bit worried after reading the reiews, can I organise a trip to the zoo and to see the zulu dancers with my rep?.

Thanks again

Sarah

Kenmare, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Kenmare
Level Contributor
288 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tej Marhaba

Hi sarah, yes your rep can organise that trip for you with no hassle and some other trips as well. I wish was back there now, its pouring here :-(

Tim..

london
Level Contributor
114 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tej Marhaba

Animal magic excursion was 39 dinar last year, and the African dream excursion was 63 dinar, with Thomas cook.

manchester
Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Tej Marhaba

hi,

what date in june will you be there?

birmingham
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Tej Marhaba

hi

Will be there on 2nd are you going aswell?

Get answers to your questions about Sousse
Recent Conversations