We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

marhaba club sousse

Which Sousse hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
marhaba club sousse

Hi we are going to the marhaba this july 2012 any info on this hotel that might be helpfull . Its me my husband and 16yr old sonTipping .how much do you give tunisians ?And taxi ;have thay got set price ?and around by hotel are there a lot of shops . Thanx ANET

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: marhaba club sousse

There is shops either side of the hotel within 5 min walk, taxi to port el kantoui should cost aroun 6 - 10 dinar, dont enter a taxi without agreeing a price... 1 or 2 dinar in plenty to tip but extra will ensure you are treated extra special... even though tunisians are great people anyway. Hotel is fantastic, great food, pools, beach on site facilities such as club, gym, spa, henna tattoo also shares grounds with 4 other hotels which you are free to use all their facilities.. Im going in july 2011, fantastic holiday when i went 2009, im sure you will be happy !

London
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: marhaba club sousse

I find it best to walk to main road and hail a taxi, rather than use one that waits outside hotel, and insist on meter being turned on. 1 dinar tip usually sufficient if you tip as you go along. You are not far from shops and approx 15-20 min walk into Sousse centre.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: marhaba club sousse

thanx for your reply we are going 2011 as well not 2012 like i said lol

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: marhaba club sousse

Thanx for reply we are going this july 2011 as well think i put 2012 lol

Level Contributor
1,466 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: marhaba club sousse

I agree about the taxis waiting outside the hotels etc. I used one when staying at the Royal Salem the other week. generally when I took taxis either on meter or agreed fare with driver I never paid more that 4 dinar.

So I took one of these taxis outside the hotel. I asked how much and he said he will charge meter fare. Ok, I said. I was checking the meter as we were going along and suspected all was not right. Anyway we were dropped off at the Medina and he asked for 6.5 dinar as shown on the meter. I told him quite strongly that I make this journey often and NEVER pay more than 4 dinar. he just shrugged his shoulders and said- ok pay 4 dinar!

What I have found that always helps- well it did me anyway. That is to learn some arabic phrases. Even learning to count up to 5 or 10 is useful. saying how much and too expensive etc- very useful. If taht failed me I went into French(generally I can get by in that language)-- failing that then then tried and trusted English!! All good fun anyway!

Edited: 02 June 2011, 08:48
Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: marhaba club sousse

Hi, there is 10 of us going in august we are also taking our grandchildren age 18mnths and 11mnths. just wounderd if rooms have fridge and kettles in them. many thanks

Edited: 22 June 2011, 19:28
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: marhaba club sousse

at marhaba royal salem the answer is no.

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: marhaba club sousse

At marhaba club the answer is also no

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: marhaba club sousse

Thank u