We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

refurbishment in tej mahaba

derbyshire
Level Contributor
68 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
refurbishment in tej mahaba

Does anyone know if the rooms have been fully refurbished or just had new carpets and tv's? I also had the letter stating the indoor pool is still closed but not really concerned,im hoping to be sunning it on the beach all day if i dont get hassled too much by sellers! Anyone know what the food is like,do they cater well for vegetarians? is it POSH dress code for dinner in the evenings or is it relaxed,how much/little entertainment is there in the evenings,I know theres a lot of questions but getting really excited now!

Ribat
Sacred & Religious Sites, Observation Decks & Towers
Museum Dar Essid
Speciality Museums
Grande Mosque
Sacred & Religious Sites
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,006 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: refurbishment in tej mahaba

We were there in November. They were changing the carpets and rooms got new televisions. Don't think other refurbishing is planned for now.

Don't know when you are going but water of outdoor pool is normally warm enough from May on to swim outside. In winter the hotel offers you a free taxi to another hotel so you can go to swim there.

The boys who work on the beach of the hotel are paid to look after you and also to make sure that sellers don't come in between the chairs. If you don't want to get comments of the tourists and locals that walk along the beach, don't choose chairs on the first row ;-)

We often go there and we think the food is good. The meals are in buffet so you can choose what you want to eat. There will always be vegetables (cooked and cold) but the food is not really high-standard vegetarian if you understand what I mean. They will assume you are happy with taken everything that is no meat, fish of chicken and will not prepare special dishes for you.

The dress code is ''a long trouser is obliged'' - so as long as the trouser is long it is ok :-). Some people dress themselves up but other don't. I like it cause it is very relaxed and you can go in for food as you want and not as how other people think you should be.

We don't like the entertainment that much. There is a few evenings a life band. They are good but to us very loud. There is also a belly dancer and a folklore evening, all average standard.

We mostly just sit there to read or to use the free wifi.

In the front of the hotel is the Tej Mahal cafe. You can get no alcohol there but they do good chichapipes and when it is warm enough it is a pleasant place to sit outside.

Level Contributor
293 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: refurbishment in tej mahaba

Hel, as far as i am aware the rooms are only having new carpets and tv's. Also new carpets on the hallways of each floor. I didn't eat in the hotel that often but when i did there seemed to be a variety of foods at breakfast and evening to try and cater for everybody, can't comment on AI as i was half board, what i did eat was fine, especially the cakes. Connected to the hotel is the Tej marhaba shopping centre which has an english style pub in it called the Rose and Crown which seemed to be quite popular with a few people from the hotel at evening time.

3. Re: refurbishment in tej mahaba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 19:56
Get answers to your questions about Sousse
Recent Conversations