We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non-massive beach hotel in Hammamet, Sousse, Monastir?

Mechelen, Belgium
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Non-massive beach hotel in Hammamet, Sousse, Monastir?

My wife and I will be in Tunisia for about 10 days sometime during 2 October and 10 November. We are trying to find a hotel somewhere between Hammamet and Monastir, but we don't like massive resorts.

We would like to have a hotel with direct, private access to the beach. The hotel should either be smallish or should have separate bungalows (or cottages or buildings with a low number of rooms) close to the beach (in which case it's OK if it is part of a large resort). We don't need all-inclusive deals since we prefer to eat somewhere different each time and we will make day trips.

Can anybody help us find such a place (assuming it exists at all)?

We don't like rain much; cold would not be a problem. Is any period between early October and mid November particularly good or bad?

Thanks very much,

Pieter

Edited: 19 August 2012, 11:40
UK
Level Contributor
2,884 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Non-massive beach hotel in Hammamet, Sousse, Monastir?

We've been twice to that region during the first week of November and experienced a lot of rain and flash thunderstorms so my suggestion would be to go in October. Sorry, I'm unable to suggest a small hotel as we were there for conferences although we did opt to eat out each day and hired a car and driver for day trips.

2. Re: Non-massive beach hotel in Hammamet, Sousse, Monastir?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Sousse