We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tej Marhaba Hotel Sousse

Dublin, Ireland
9 posts
Save Topic
Tej Marhaba Hotel Sousse

Hi everyone, I have just booked a twin side sea view room at the tej Marhaba Hotel in Sousse for late may . Just wondering if anyone has stayed in the same room type as its unclear whether theres a balcony or not which is extremly important to us. Also overall, how did you find this hotel in general ? all replys appreciated. Elaine

Medina of Sousse
Historic Sites, Flea & Street Markets
Ribat
Sacred & Religious Sites, Observation Decks & Towers
Grande Mosque
Sacred & Religious Sites
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,899 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tej Marhaba Hotel Sousse

All the rooms in this hotel have a balcony.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,415 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tej Marhaba Hotel Sousse

You may well have a sea view room

However, the hotel is a bit away from the sea !

You would need to cross a very busy main road to get to the beach

Edited: 18 April 2014, 21:18
London
Level Contributor
8,775 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tej Marhaba Hotel Sousse

The room may be facing the sea but as mentioned the hotel is a bit away from the sea. Also large Movenpick hotel built opposite the hotel on the beach side, so a glimpse of the sea is all you have if lucky.

As mentioned all rooms have a balcony, Is a balcony important just to sit outside or actually sunbathe. The rooms facing the street will actually get the sunshine in afternoons.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,899 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tej Marhaba Hotel Sousse

To enjoy the sea view you need to be on the sixth or seventh floor. On lower floors you will mainly see the garden and the Movenpick. But in summer you will have a nice cool balcony because mostly in the shade.

There are 2 plastic chairs and a table on each balcony and a hanger to dry your towls.

The balcony's are coverd except on the 7th floor.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tej Marhaba Hotel Sousse

Maenan,

Can you give me a few room numbers you stayed in and if possible state which one was your personal favourite please?

Hearing quite a lot of bad views about the 6th and 7th floor about dust and the level of hygiene #very confused

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,899 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tej Marhaba Hotel Sousse

Hi. We always ask a room on 6th floor above the entrance. So between 625 and 643. Some people dont like them cause they are on the street side. We never had a dirty room.

Tunisia is a dusty country. When we used to live there it was like dust multiplied itself. But in the rooms it was never an issue to us.

The rooms are a bit dated. And the hotel had problems with water running in the rooms. But in March most of it seemed solved.

Edited: 20 April 2014, 23:05
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,899 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tej Marhaba Hotel Sousse

ps

I can not understand people complaining about their views...

When you book a hotel in the middle of the town you can not expect to see nothing of the town... A bit like I book in London and then I moan I can see the other side of the street.

The only rooms with a really bad view to me are on the first floor. But a lot of regulars like them because they can use the steps to go up and down without waiting for the lifts.

Also dont forget that because we slept in a room a few months ago meanwhile others can have made stains on carpets or damaged stuff.

But like said before: the rooms are a bit dated, not a lot of bling bling in it, but they are spacious and the maids do lovely jobs. And some waiters in the restaurant and bar are really nice and help you out with all the possibilities they have.

8. Re: Tej Marhaba Hotel Sousse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Sousse
Recent Conversations