We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marhaba beach hotel

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Marhaba beach hotel

Hi can anyone tell me what this hotel charges for a safe? Are pool towels provided if so what deposit? Is there a hairdryer in the rooms? Also I know this is part of a group of hotels what facilities are we able to use in other hotels that are not at this one

Thanks

Medina of Sousse
Historic Sites, Flea & Street Markets
Ribat
Sacred & Religious Sites, Observation Decks & Towers
Grande Mosque
Sacred & Religious Sites
Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marhaba beach hotel

Also does the hotel have WiFi?

Burnley
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marhaba beach hotel

There is wifi in the lobby free to use and you can use all the facilities the only thing is you have to have your evening meal in your own hotel. Very nice hotel but watch the roads 😄 the driving is shocking

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marhaba beach hotel

Thanks for road tip but not planning on driving just going to enjoy hotel and facilities. I know there is no fridge in room but is there a mini bar? Was thinking of using it to keep milk cold so can have coffee on balcony before breakfast as always get up early. Also do you know cost for a safe ?

Thanks

Burnley
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Marhaba beach hotel

There is a fridge in the room but no mini bar. As for a safe I didn't get one (stupid I know ) so can't tell you how much. Anything else you want to know just ask, I got back on Wednesday

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marhaba beach hotel

I think Michaelmaria was meaning be careful when walking as in crossing roads, etc. drivers are a little manic.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marhaba beach hotel

Michaelmaria76 thanks for your reply

Found out today you cannot take Tunisian currency into or out of country.What did you do about tipping the porter who took bags to your room? Was thinking of taking some left over euros from previous hols would this be ok? Also anything else you can think of that you wish you had known before you went would be appreciated

Thanks

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marhaba beach hotel

You can get your money exchanged at the airport on arrival.

You could use your debit card and withdraw say 20 dinar then buy a bottle of water in the shops in arrivals and get some change.

There will be porters at airport trying to take your baggage from you so its nice to give them a tip, you dont have to let them take your bags if you dont want to, a polite no thank you will do.

If you take your debit card, dont forget to notify your bank you will be using it in Tunisia, just so it does not get blocked.

Its always best to tip in dinars but we have in the past tipped a couple of quid to porters, so im sure your euros will be ok.

Edited: 17 May 2014, 18:07
Burnley
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Marhaba beach hotel

Porter in hotel we gave 2 dinar as it was quite a way from reception that he carried our luggage to our room. If you smoke take plenty of filters and papers as we struggled to get these. Waiter in restaurant we gave 5 dinar on first night n he couldn't do enough after that for us all week that's what we found worked for us tipping on first night they won't forget your face n will make sure ur looked after it may of been different for others but if ur polite n pleasent u will be treated like a king.

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marhaba beach hotel

Thanks for replies and tipping advice now counting down till we go

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marhaba beach hotel

Just a quick question about mosquitoes are they a problem at hotel? Also any idea where I can find email address for the hotel?

Get answers to your questions about Sousse
Recent Conversations