We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local hospital details

Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
local hospital details

We travel to sousse marahba Royal Salem on 22nd June I will be around 10weeks pregnate.

Just incase we need them can anyone give me details of the closet hospital/medical centre.

Thank you

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,205 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: local hospital details

Sousse is a major Tunisian city with a number of hospitals and clinics

The hotel you are staying at ,like many others, may have a resident nurse or doctor.

Certainly one or both on call at any given time.

I suggest you enquire at reception on arrival and request numbers and addresses for local clinics,if that puts your mind at rest.

In saying that, if you require any medical check/treatment during your stay.

The front desk/reception staff will have experienced and dealt with such requests many times and will do what is required to assist you.

Don't fret.

The staff help you.

Enjoy Tunisia

Edited: 25 May 2014, 08:09
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: local hospital details

There is a private hospitaal across your hotel. Les Oliviers.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,205 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: local hospital details

Well spotted, Maenan

I know the clinic you refer too

Chez

here is a link to that clinic's website

www.cliniquelesoliviers.net/en/index.php

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,807 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: local hospital details

Be care full if you do need treatment as some insurance policies state ' you must attend the state hospital', not private clinics,

This also came up on the holiday programe on BBC1 and the patient had a fight on their hands when it came to payment,

Check the small print before you go,

Alan

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,205 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: local hospital details

Good advice Alan

I was also going to mention that this clinic was private

However if the OP encounters any difficulty I am sure staff and or holiday rep will advise

Really about all we can suggest I suppose

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: local hospital details

I had said it was a private one !!

And I don't think I would bother paying the costs if it was urgent for myself or my baby !

Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: local hospital details

Thank you for all the information.

I will ask at our hotel when we arrive. It is reassuring that a medical centre is close by if it was a emergency money wouldbt be a issue.

Thanks again

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: local hospital details

You would still need to pay for treatment in an emergency or not, then claim back on travel insurance.

Even if the hotel calls a Doctor etc, you will have to pay.

Im sure you will be fine, just make sure you have the right travel insurance etc and to declare any exsisting medical conditions inc pregnancy.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
804 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: local hospital details

My cousin used the hotel nurse and doctor when we were in Tunisia a few years ago. It wasn't advertised but on enquiring with staff members (restaurant manager and chief animator) it was very quickly arranged. The nurse saw her in the hotel medical room then brought the doctor to us in our own room. The nurse then took the prescription to the pharmacy on our behalf to be dispensed. The nurse then visited 4 times to administer treatment over the following 2 days. My cousin of course had to pay upfront and was given receipts for everything so she could claim back on insurance. The overall cost however was not enough to claim back due to having to pay the first so much anyway. It was an excellent service.

10. Re: local hospital details

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sousse