We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

evenings outside of Hotel - Sousse

Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
evenings outside of Hotel - Sousse

hi - apologies if this sounds niave but is it easy enough to wander around the town from the hotel in the evenings (as you would do at any european destination). Are there plenty of bars and cafes, maybe some shops??

I simply ask because many years ago I visited Skanes and it was advised not to leave the complex after dinner so every night was by the pool bar!

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: evenings outside of Hotel - Sousse

Lol, that depends.. Which Hotel??

Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: evenings outside of Hotel - Sousse

we will be staying at the Thalassa Sousse

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: evenings outside of Hotel - Sousse

The Thalasso hotel is a bit outside Sousse on the road to Port El Kantaoui.

Think it is absolutely safe to go out for a walk in the evenings.

In case you fancy going to a bar you will need to taxi to Port El Kantaoui or Sousse.

There is O'Connors around the corner (bar that serves alcohol) but I don't know what its reputation is on this moment.

Clacton-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
940 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: evenings outside of Hotel - Sousse

im staying at the marhaba soon is it safe to walk about from there

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,664 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: evenings outside of Hotel - Sousse

Which Marhaba ?

6. Re: evenings outside of Hotel - Sousse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 09:12
Clacton-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
940 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: evenings outside of Hotel - Sousse

im at the marhaba hotel its what its called

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: evenings outside of Hotel - Sousse

I thought that this is what the Forum was for to get so called experts to give good advise.

I am no expert on Tunisia but as long as you abide by the local laws and customs you should be okay, keep to well lit areas. What you have to remember its not Benidorm.

Having lived and worked in the Middle East and North Africa for the past 35yrs conforming to all the local laws and customs is the rule.

London
Level Contributor
8,195 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: evenings outside of Hotel - Sousse

Opposite Hotel Marhaba there are some coffee shops and small shopping centre. About 10 mins walk towards Sousse centre, near large Movenpick hotel, there are some tourist restaurants and few bars. Its quite safe. Although not rampant the main petty crime is bag snatching, so just be careful with shoulder bags and not take to much out with you.

Tunisia is more hotel based and doesn't have same ambiance, bars and nightlife as other countries such as Turkey Spain etc... As mentioned just apply normal common sense when out and about and you will have no problems.

Clacton-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
940 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: evenings outside of Hotel - Sousse

thanks for the advice, some of us ask questions because we book then something comes to mind so we ask the question of people who know, yes i did my research but the question of out and about at night i couldnt find an answer for so i came to you guys for advice

Get answers to your questions about Sousse