We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tej marhaba

Which Sousse hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tej marhaba

9WEEKS TODAY till I'm at the tej marhaba hotel,I don't know why but I always look at the reviews of the hotels I stay at & the TEJ MARHABA isn't looking that good( more bad than good)but I do believe it's what you make it & if you have a complaint then speak up,so to the point if anyone knows this hotel or has recently stayed their can ypu give us a little feed back( YES I've looked at the hotel reviews-read above)

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,191 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tej marhaba

One or two of the regular contributors here use the Tej

They like the place !

As you say "its what you make of it"

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,273 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tej marhaba

Cliff

Read my message under Tej Marhaba rooms.

The staff are lovely from Emer the guest relations manager to the bedroom maids.

All try to help you enjoy your stay.

Derby
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tej marhaba

There's a group of 9 flying out to this hotel in just over a months time. We've been to Tunisia twice before so know what to expect from the country, I must admit the current reviews coming through are a little worrying :/ Perhaps we are a little apprehensive as we had a bad hotel last summer!

London
Level Contributor
8,148 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tej marhaba

I have stayed at Tej Marhaba for many years - main reason being its one of few hotels to offer half board option and not totally all inclusive and close to centre of Sousse. Most complaints seem to stem from the main summer season when all inclusive option is offered - which in my opinion is not suitable to this hotel.

Leaving that aside it is a well run comfortable 3/4 star hotel offering all the amenities you would expect. Go with an open mind and you will enjoy.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,614 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tej marhaba

Also read the reviews...

We were there in March, I go back in september and november.

In summer the hotel can get very hectic.

A few tips to get a lovely holiday

- choose a good table with a waiter that has a contract in the hotel and is not an extra, good waiters are Faysal (tall bloke, bit black, bold), Ali (thin man, fairly long with glasses), Makram, Fares,...

If you are happy with their service on the first evening stay in their area and tip them a bit next day. They will spoil you rotten ;-)

If you are not happy with the service walk the next day to another area.

Dont feel pressed to follow the man in the suits who shows you tables, he will not always guide you to the best waiter. So ignore them.

- Try the food - we have never in the last 10 years had any bad food in the hotel or have been ill. So people who write there was nothing to eat must have very weird eating habbits.

- In the bar - tip the waiters a bit (not to much) - most of them are nice man and look well after you

- Try local restaurants - lots of nice restaurants in the same street of the hotel, some very cheap, others a bit posher

- If you have a problem report it. If neccesary 2 or 3 times. it will be solved, maybe not immediate but it will be solved (and don't forget you are in Africa so keep smiling)

- If the problem doesn't get solved ask for the English guest responsable, she is every morning in the hotel.

- Dont waste your time in the money exchanging queue. There is a bank across the hotel next to the Kaiser hotel (about 100 meters to the right) where you can use your card in the ATM.

Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tej marhaba

Thanks for all the replys folks,really helpful,I was a the marhaba club last yr so I know what to expect from tunisia it's just the reviews on here for the hotel that worry me& maenan I'm going in September 10th-17th....as I said it's what you make of it & I know I shouldn't listen to the reviews but......

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,614 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tej marhaba

Will meet you there, am there from 6 till 13th of september

Derby
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Tej marhaba

Thank you for the feedback :) I do think that some people reviewing are perhaps booking just for a cheap getaway not realising what the country is like! No Bacon and eggs for breakfast? I don't think they understand the culture. I'm hopeful it will be a fab holiday with a few uneducated people reviewing.

Level Contributor
69 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tej marhaba

Oh nice one maenan I look forward to it & lager_babe I totally agree enjoy enjoy your holiday.....thanks again folks....

Edited: 10 July 2014, 16:54
10. Re: Tej marhaba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Sousse