We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

blue taxi from mandalay international airport

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
blue taxi from mandalay international airport

are there any blue taxi available outside mandalay airport? i will arrive at 10:15 am, and plan to go directly to inwa and amarapura before check in hotel in mandalay city.

is it easy to find a blue taxi there and hire for whole day? how much will that be or i have to book ahead with travel agent?

thanks

yangon
Destination Expert
for Bagan
Level Contributor
557 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: blue taxi from mandalay international airport

Don't waste time to drive hotel.

Mandalay airport is around 45km to/from centre and better to visit Innwa, Sagaing or Amarapura on the way.

Easy to find a taxi on stand for a day trip basic car 65 USD to 80 USD with AC.

By the way, No more blue old taxi in Mandalay and all taxi are upgrated in Year 2013.

Edited: 30 June 2013, 20:44
Miami
Level Contributor
5 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: blue taxi from mandalay international airport

RE taxi rates: We paid the driver I mentioned in a previous post (newish car with AC and pretty good English) around $30/day and to go all the way to Pyin U Lwin and back $60. Maybe those are off season rates but just wanted to let you know the rates mentioned in another recent post were quite a bit higher than what we paid and we didn't even negotiate.

13. Re: blue taxi from mandalay international airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 05:17