We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorcycle tour

Which Mandalay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
veldhoven
Level Contributor
50 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Motorcycle tour

We went on a day out on the back of a motorcycle. It was a wonderful day because the motorcycle guys made a great itinerary together with us. They took us to the highlights like Mahamnuni Paya, and Ubein bridge, but also to places hardly visited. Everybody goes to a monastry to see the monks gettings their alms, the 'Mahaganayon Kyaung', where it is crowded with people.We went to a similar monastry but we were the only foreigners! We were even invited to have dinner with the monks there! There was a line-up of many, many monks, and the fact that we were the only foreign people had made this very special. The name of the guide is Hla Myo

( hlamyonaing7@gmail.com tel 09-402713137)

He is a trishaw and motorbike driver, but also a perfect guide, and a real nice person. He speaks english very well, and can arrange also transport by car, if you want to.

The reason that I promote him on Tripadvisor is that the day trip on the back of the motorbike was one of the highlights of our trip to Myanmar. I want to share this experience with other people, and hope that they will choose Hla Myo as well! You won't regret it, believe me!

He has a brother and friends that also drive motorbikes, we were with 3 , me, my husband and my 15 year old son, and Hla Myo came up with some friends.

If you give it a go, and you'll get in touch with Hla Myo, give him my very warm greetings from his friends from Holland!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorcycle tour

I agree that motorcycle is a great way to tour in and around Mandalay. I Used Soesoe, on my son's recommendation from his earlier visit. I had to admit that I had never been on a motorcycle before but soon settled Into the adventure.

I loved how Soesoe managed to pack so much into the few days yet I never felt rushed. My photographs remind me of the all sights, however my best memories are of the stories, the local restaurants and the people that I met.

kosoesoemdy@gmail.com , tel 0933308067 is extreemly reliable , fluent in English and gives great travel advice on Mandalay and surrounding region

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motorcycle tour

Just a heads up to whomever plans on riding on the back of a motorcycle in a developing country-

Make VERY sure your insurance covers motorcycle accidents and emergency evacuation to the nearest country that can offer you proper medical treatment (that would be Bangkok). In the unforeseen situation of the possibility of an accident, your bank account (and possibly those of your family's) will be drained if you attempt to pay for the aftermath of an accident in cash. Things CAN happen so just be careful.

Safe travels.

Union City...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Motorcycle tour

HI,

May I know how much you paid for your bike tour? How many hours? Thanks

Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motorcycle tour

Just normal tour around Mandalay to three ancient cities is 15000 kyats ( Sagaing, Innwa ( just river bank ), Amarapura ).

For the special tour is 25000 kyats ( Including Innwa sightseeing with motorbike and up to Sagaing hill top ).

Mandalay, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Mandalay Region, Myanmar
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Motorcycle tour

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g295408-i11091-k62…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Motorcycle tour

We also went on motor bikes with Hla Myo & his brother for 2 days around Mandalay. We are 2 women in our 50's & felt extremely safe at all times. His English is brilliant, we all had lunch together on both days & went to places we wouldn't have known about. Thoroughly enjoyed learning about local life from a local.

7. Re: Motorcycle tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 07:19