We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mandalay Airport Transit

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Mandalay Airport Transit

Hi, we have a 9.30 flight from Mandalay. We will have to fly from Pagan to Mandalay before. There is a flight arriving at 8.15 - I assume the airport is not so big, but would we have enough time for the transit? Thanks!

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,009 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mandalay Airport Transit

Question.Is your flight from Mandalay an International one?

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mandalay Airport Transit

yes, to Bangkok

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,009 posts
367 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mandalay Airport Transit

Your flight from Bagan to Mandalay will have originated in Yangon. What happens if it is delayed,which can happen if there is early morning fog at Yangon?

Even if it is on time,your luggage will have to be collected (it will not be checked through to BKK) then you will have to check in again. Mandalay airport is quite compact so that should not be a problem but what is the minimum check-in time for your flight to BKK?

I am not being negative at all but personally I would not take the risk of missing my BKK flight,losing money and then having to buy tickets for another flight.

SS

4. Re: Mandalay Airport Transit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 06:17