We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent Guide in Luang Prabang

2 posts
1 review
Excellent Guide in Luang Prabang

Hi

Frankly if you are looking for a local guide I met Bounthieng by chance who has a motor boat on the Mekong. He works for the agencies but you can contact him from Christiane he will make you a private visit where you want and will explain many things to you. I spent a morning with him he is adorable! He seeks to improve his English and loves to chat with tourists and share his experience.

Do not go to Luang Prabang without seeing it !!! You can contact him on whatsapp I don’t remember his email. His name is Bounthieng tel. 02098274140

He is a very good man.

2 replies to this topic
Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,556 posts
95 reviews
1. Re: Excellent Guide in Luang Prabang

Having a guide in Luang Prabang is a waste of money. The town is small enough for you to see it by yourself.

2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Excellent Guide in Luang Prabang

Oups ! You are right. It’s not to visit Luang Prabang but the arounds, to know how the local population live, many things others about the lao population, to visit the cave with a private guide and the other things to do with a private boat and guide. I forgot to say he is free. You paid only the gasoil for the boat.

Edited: 25 March 2018, 13:40
Reply to: Excellent Guide in Luang Prabang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted