We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laos Visa from Phnom penh

ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Laos Visa from Phnom penh

Can anyone advise how much is a laos visa from a) a travel agent and b0 from the embassy itself. What are the turn around times. If a travel agency can you advise please.I have heard it may be cheaper from a agency?

Thanks

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,084 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laos Visa from Phnom penh

1. You can get a visa on arrival at the airport.

2. Generally, agencies charge a fee to arrange a visa, so you will be paying more.

3. You do not specify your nationality.

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laos Visa from Phnom penh

Visa on arrival if you are flying - if going overland you need to arrange ahead of time as they don't issue at the border crossings.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laos Visa from Phnom penh

I think the EU countries had the lowest visa costs in Laos. For some reason Canadians had the highest. for Luang Prabang you get off the plane and lineup. They take your passport then they put visa in then you pay at another counter. I think you would be much better off to do it this way.

4. Re: Laos Visa from Phnom penh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2010, 07:16