We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luang Prabang hotels/hostels

Which Luang Prabang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
north coast nsw
Level Contributor
198 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Luang Prabang hotels/hostels

I know this has been asked before and that i am getting a little late, but can i have a suggestion for a central hotel/hotel with private bathroom, and friendly staff in Luang Prabang for January. thank you

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,633 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luang Prabang hotels/hostels

We loved Villa Chitdara (not VC2) on a quiet street between the main road and the riverfront - great breakfasts too.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luang Prabang hotels/hostels

You do not mention your budget. I usually stay at a little family-run place called the Rattana guesthouse, on a quiet sidestreet near the night market (& JOMA coffee shop)and rooms are US$12~$20 per night, depending on the room size & season you are visiting. See their website here

http://rattanaguesthouse.com/

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
27 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luang Prabang hotels/hostels

Thanks Maneki-neko !! Looks great - will give it a try when there next year !!

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,145 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luang Prabang hotels/hostels

I usually stay in Phasoke GH - another family ran place down a side strete to the right just after the post office and befor joma cafe. Fan room $10, aircon $13 both with ensuite. email phashoke@hotmail.com

Another I stayed in once that was good wa Kinnaly GH, $15 for ensuite, phone (856-71)212416

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luang Prabang hotels/hostels

Try Namma Vong Guesthouse, right outside Wat Xieng Thong (it's on the Internet). Family-run, inexpensive (around 100,000 kip / night for airconditioned room with TV), great location, ultra-friendly. Not the lap of luxury, but I always stay there and have made many friends.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,070 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luang Prabang hotels/hostels

Peter-

Several reports of thefts from people who have stayed there

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g295415-d983673…

I could not find their website, by the way.

7. Re: Luang Prabang hotels/hostels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2012, 04:21