We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moderately priced acommodations in Luang Prabang

St. Louis
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Topic
moderately priced acommodations in Luang Prabang

My husband and I are going to be in Luang Prabang around April 14th of this year. I know this is the date of the water festivities. We're looking for suggestions of a nice place to stay that is well situated, quiet, clean, AC and under $60. Any suggestions? It is just by chance that we may be there during the holiday. We're not sure if that's a good thing or not. Any thoughts?

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,286 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: moderately priced acommodations in Luang Prabang

Have you looked at the recommendations on this site. There are many places under $60.00

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,800 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: moderately priced acommodations in Luang Prabang

We loved Villa Chitdara - one block off the river, one block up to the main street - great place to watch the morning alms procession from a respectful distance - ask for an upstairs room at the front and you can sit one your verandah and watch.

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: moderately priced acommodations in Luang Prabang

In that range the Sayo guesthouse on the river is a good deal. Last year it was $40 and for that it has a large fridge, huge bathroom and room (2 double beds) AC and TV. It is right on the riverfront near the new Belle Rive.

There is another Sayo guesthouse by Wat Sengmouane with upstairs rooms with a view for $50.

Basel, Switzerland
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: moderately priced acommodations in Luang Prabang

I've stayed at the Villa King Kham, overlooking the river Kham. I don't know if the price will change in April but I paid US$30. The room is big, hot shower, TV and, if you have one of the backrooms, #10, you have the most beautiful view over the Kham River. It's on the parallel street to the main street, as I said, down by the river, 3 mins maybe to get up to the main street (where the night market is). Btw, have been trying to find this guesthouse but there is not much info. Tuk tuk drivers will know it though

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,127 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: moderately priced acommodations in Luang Prabang

Manichan GH was perfect, and the gourmet breakfast was to die for! The rooms were spotless, but did not have a view.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: moderately priced acommodations in Luang Prabang

Hongkham 1 Guesthouse is great

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: moderately priced acommodations in Luang Prabang

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: moderately priced acommodations in Luang Prabang

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: moderately priced acommodations in Luang Prabang

donclim, we will be in Luang Prabang at the same time. We have booked at My Dream Resort - 2 bedroom room for $65.00.. For that week there will be four of us so the price is quite reasonable. Also has a pool which was a prequisite from my son who loves to swim.

I booked it through Asiarooms and reservation is held and then payment upon arrival.

10. Re: moderately priced acommodations in Luang Prabang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 March 2012, 06:35