We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset on the Mekong

Which Luang Prabang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset on the Mekong

Couldn't find any place to post the following but I thought some travelers might be interested.

My wife and I have been to Luang Prabang on several occasions and normally each time go we rent a boat for a day and travel either up or down the Mekong or go up some of the rivers that enter the Mekong around Luang Prabang and enjoy the pleasant scenery and also obtain some great photos. The trips have always been exciting, instructive and very interesting in learning how the people live along the mighty Mekong. While my wife and I were recently (Dec.) in Luang Prabang with a friend from Italy who had never been to Laos the owner/manager of our hotel (My Dream Resort) suggested that we consider taking a sunset tour on the Mekong. As I am a freelance photographer I jumped at his suggestion. The owner arranged for a two hour tour in a private boat. We picked up some BBQ’d fish, sausage, crackers, beer and wine and headed out at the appropriate time. We had a fantastic experience and both my wife and I were able to obtain some awesome sunset pictures over the Mekong and the mountains while also enjoying the wonderful sights of families fishing and living on the Mekong. The operator of the boat was extremely helpful and the three of us had another amazing experience, thanks to our hotel manager. We can certainly suggest such a trip to anyone that is interested as it is just an awesome experience and the food and beer/wine also helped out immensely!

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,240 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sunset on the Mekong

Just go down to the riverfront and ask. You do not need 2 hr cruises. I have a great sunset pic from my first one might have been 10 bucks but that was a few ears ago

12. Re: Sunset on the Mekong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2014, 06:16