We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

Which Luang Prabang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Visa

Hi everybody,

Has anyone enterred Laos at Luang Prabang airport with Visa on Arrival lately? holding Australain Passport , Is there a quick process ?I understand they are require photo and $39USD for Aus. citizen , A photo i got is the same one on the passport taking in yr 2007 would they accept it

Thankyou

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,081 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

Hi,

It's quick process and the baggage is slow so it all just works. I think Australians pay $30 US and a picture that looks like you vaguely is fine.

No stress at all, just fill out the forms on the plane in.

Cheers

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

Thankyou for a quick replied paul

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,092 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa

USD 30 for Australians. Technically you need 2 passport photos. Visa on arrival is no problem.

denver
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa

Can you get a visa ahead of time?

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
17,236 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa

no need .. the whole process is really quick and you'll be through immigration before your bags are there

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,092 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa

From a Lao Embassy, yes, but why would you bother doing this? It is a more expensive option as well.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa

It was not that quick the day I was there, supposed to have 2 pictures. One form u get on the plane to enter Laos, the visa application u get as u enter immigration , fill it out while in line it moves slowly. I was near the front but bags were already off the belt

8. Re: Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 07:18