We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trips in Luang Prabang

Which Luang Prabang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Day trips in Luang Prabang

Planning 4 or 5 day trip in April 2014. What is best way to arrange tours? Hotel quoted me U$190 for day trip to Caves and Water fall. A bit steep I think. Any help appreciated. Tks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trips in Luang Prabang

You can catch a tuk tuk out to the falls for a few dollars. You don't need a guide. Boat trip to caves not much more. $190 is an absolute ripoff. Try both for about $50

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trips in Luang Prabang

Thank you vm

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,422 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trips in Luang Prabang

Hi,

I agree with Millsie, that's way too much. Plenty of drivers will be touting for business in the main street and along the Mekong side plenty of boatmen - you will need to bargain a bit for the best price though. Also there are many tour shops who can sort out trips for way less than your hotel quoted.

Cheers

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trips in Luang Prabang

yup definitely a ripoff. you probably can get an entire tuktuk for 18usd to kwangsi. probably you can bargain with the tuktuk driver to driver you around for the entire day for less than 40usd visiting the waterfall and caves. most tuktuk drivers there speak good english so won't be a problem bargaining.

you can find them along the mekong river.

5. Re: Day trips in Luang Prabang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 05:18