We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights to luang prabang

malaysia
1 post
Save Topic
flights to luang prabang

Hi, trying to find out which airlines fly direct from Bangkok to Luang Prabang. Tight schedule and budget:-) and will be skipping Vientienne. Any suggestions?

cardiff
Level Contributor
47 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights to luang prabang

try this website it might help

attitudetravel.com/lowcostairlines/asia/#map

Philadelphia, PA USA
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights to luang prabang

We flew from Bangkok to Luang Prabang via Lao Airlines. I recommend that you choose Bangkok Air instead. Lao Airlines quoted us $235 US per ticket; then they charged us half in Euro at a rate that equalled $135 (US) and the second half in Thai Bot at the airport when we about to leave at a rate that was also $135 (US). When I explained that this equalled $270 per ticket, not $235 as qouted, they said "we have dozens of people willing to pay twice as much for your ticket and if we didn't like it they would refund our tickets." This bait-and-switch technique left the impression that Lao Airlines is an unethical company that cannot be trusted.

Manchester
Level Contributor
458 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights to luang prabang

We flew with bangkokair from bangkok to luang prabang with no problems at all.

www.bangkokair.com

They regularly discount their fares as well - check the homepage. I have seen one way fares for as little as 1600B.

After we booked we had trouble finding a hotel as we were flying in peak season so had to change the dates - this was all done online at no extra cost and couldnt have been easier.

All in all this airline provides excellent service all round

New York
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: flights to luang prabang

I would use ONLY Bangkok Air flying to and from Luang Prabang. We paid for seats on Lao Air, making the reservation on the internet and were told to pick up the tickets at the Luang Prabang Lao office. Even though I had a confirm advice it was not honored and we ended up paying another full fare and were routed thru Vientiane to Bangkok. So beware of Lao Air!

5. Re: flights to luang prabang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 01:20