We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year in Luang Prabang

Which Luang Prabang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
New Year in Luang Prabang

Hi

I am playing to spend New Year in Luang Prabang. Can anyone recommend somewhere to stay for this? I want somewhere that is reasonably priced/clean and central but somewhere that I can meet fellow backpackers?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Year in Luang Prabang

Are you talking December or their new year which is usually in April

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Year in Luang Prabang

Hi I'll be there late December. Thanks

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Year in Luang Prabang

Every year I stay at the Namma Vong Guesthouse, which is inexpensive (about 100,000 kip / night--don't book online, or you'll pay much more), clean, and quiet. Just outside Wat Xieng Thong. Basic accommodation, but good for backpackers. A fan room should be fine in December / January, as it's not hot enough to require air conditioning. A short walk into town (five minutes), where accommodation is more expensive. Ignore negative comments about Namma Vong on Trip Advisor about theft; I know the family well, and they're completely honest.

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Year in Luang Prabang

My Dream Resort gets good reviews.

Townsville...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: New Year in Luang Prabang

Hello Peter,

This is only a brief message to establish contact for, hopefully, some further discussions as to the practical aspects of providing financial support to a young man we met whilst in Luang Prabang earlier this year, who is currently studying law at the Northern Law School there. My wife Kim and I live in Townsville, North Queensland and we're having considerable difficulty in sorting out a reliable means of reimbursing him for the fees paid as well as ensuring that future support is contingent upon appropriate results in his studies. You obviously have a strong attraction to Luang Prabang, although I'm not sure whether you are there at the moment, or whether you or your contacts would be willing to proffer some advice/assistance, hence this exploratory message before I bother you with some further background to the matter. No offence taken if you're not able to help, but it'd be nice to hear from you when convenient.

Kind regards, John & Kim Robinson

Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
450 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Year in Luang Prabang

Something like Western Union should be used for this purpose, not the traveller. The lad could easily email results of his education and then you decide whether to transfer.

7. Re: New Year in Luang Prabang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 05:16