We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking rooms in advance

Which Luang Prabang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
370 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Booking rooms in advance

Do you really need to book months in advance to visit Luang Prabang, some of the better rated guesthouses seem to not have availability for February? is this often the case?

thanks

Mark

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking rooms in advance

would depend on what is on during that time. We visited during Phi Mi and the accom was at a premium so we make a reservation a few weeks before arriving. We stayed at My Dream Resort and it was lovely.

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
273 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking rooms in advance

Can just tell you that My Dream Resort was fully booked between christmas and (western) new year two month ago, at least they could only give me a reservation for two nights instead of 4. So have to move to another hotel after two nights.

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,091 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking rooms in advance

This is still peak time in LP. If you want to stay at a specific place it would be advisable to book accommodation.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking rooms in advance

Hey Mark,

myself and five other mates travelled all through south east asia for 8 weeks, during what I understand is peak season - Nov through to January - without having anything booked and managed to find accommodation in every place we stayed upon arrival. Mind you we never stayed in luxury, was always guesthouse and B&B style accommodation, all was very comfortable. Mind you this was two years ago, I cant authoritatively speak for now, I'm about to do a similar trip in a few days with the same plan of attack.

London
Level Contributor
370 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking rooms in advance

Thanks Scott, that is what i was aiming to do, but given i will be solo travelling and ideally dont want to share rooms, not sure if this will be tricky

but its all in the learning

thank you

Vientiane, Laos
Destination Expert
for Vientiane
Level Contributor
3,122 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking rooms in advance

You will always find a room without much difficulty even in peak season, but you may not get your first choice. If you want somewhere specific then book. If you are happy to look around some of the many guesthouses then you'll find a walk-in. I have never booked and have been to LP all times of the year.

Also bear in mind that many of the guesthouses in the under $30 (or so) range do not have advance booking.

7. Re: Booking rooms in advance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2014, 06:17