We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from DaNang to Laos?

Which Luang Prabang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fes, Morocco
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
travel from DaNang to Laos?

Hi!

I need travel advice on "most scenic/culturally interesting" way to get from Da Nang, Vietnam to Chiang Mai and ultmately, Bangkok to return home. I arrive in Hanoi on Feb. 20th and depart from Bangkak on March 7th (15 days).

I will take an overnight train from Hanoi on the eve of the 21st (if possible) to Da Nang, where I will stay for 3 days to visit friends.

I am considering going into Laos from Da Nang and up to Vientiane and Vang Vieng and Luang Prabang and then across to Chiang Mai and end in Bangkok by March 7th.

My question: is this trip do-able in this 15 day period considering my 3 days in Da Nang plus the travel time? I am a solo budget F traveler in my 60's. I need advice from someone who has traveled to Laos from Central Vietnam, who could give me some wisdom about this choice of travel considering the time available! Also, what is a good, close entry point into Laos from Da Nang where I could get a visa on arrival...or is that not possible? Is there a good, cheap flight option, comparable to train travel, into Laos?

Thanks in advance for your time and advice, as I need to make decisions quickly!

Collette

1. Re: travel from DaNang to Laos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 07:22