We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your favourite accommodation

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
831 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Your favourite accommodation

Well we booked to go with Adisak on the Nagi river cruise and will be picked up from the Chiang Khong Teak Garden Hotel.

That leaves us 6 nights in Luang Prabang. I'm trying to choose accommodation and wondered whether it would be good to spend 3 nights in two different places? eg Thongbay and either

Le Sen or My Dream Resort?

I'm wondering what your favourite accommodation is and why?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your favourite accommodation

I'd opt for My Dream. It's fantastic and quiet with good food.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
831 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your favourite accommodation

Thanks.

It does look good. do you know whether Thongai and My Dream are in the same vicinity?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,402 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your favourite accommodation

I believe that Thongai is on the river, as is My Dream, but on the opposite side. Also Thongai doe NOT have a/c, if that matters, while MY Dream does have a/c.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
831 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your favourite accommodation

Thanks very much.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your favourite accommodation

Both My Dream and Le Sen are great. My Dream has more of resort (garden, green space) feel, while Le Sen feels more like a city hotel. Both have swimming pools and nice rooms.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
831 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your favourite accommodation

Thanks for that...we really don't like the feel of city hotels so My Dream wins over the other...for us.

7. Re: Your favourite accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 19:36
San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
176 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your favourite accommodation

We're at My Dream right now. Lovely (small pool for the number of guests here but adequate). Opt for the garden bungalow. Only $10 more per night and huge and gorgeous with high, peaked ceiling. The AC cranks! If you're coming soon don't even consider a place without AC.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,852 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your favourite accommodation

On the other hand, if you're visiting in December/January you could do OK with only a fan. We had no aircon at Thongbay and were very comfortable in January, in fact it was quite cold in the mornings.

10. Re: Your favourite accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Luang Prabang