We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency exchange at Aleppo airport

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Currency exchange at Aleppo airport

My wife and I are arriving at about 10:30 PM. Is it possible to exchange money at that hour (for a hotel taxi) and/or get money from an ATM? If not, will a taxi accept US$ for payment?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,231 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Currency exchange at Aleppo airport

Hi

There is a bank at airport .Rate may not be the best so get change what is necessary.There is also ATM

Most taxis acept only syp.Some accept dollars but you end up paying more.

Cumberland, Rhode...
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Currency exchange at Aleppo airport

Hi!

I arrived into Aleppo airport at 2AM and the exchange office was open. To be honest I think it is open whenever an international flight arrives. I actually changed $200 US at the airport and then exchanged more later in the City at an Exchange Office... they had a better rate than the Audi Bank did.

I hope this helps.

Paula

3. Re: Currency exchange at Aleppo airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2011, 08:20