We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aleppo - Tripoli

IPOH
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Aleppo - Tripoli

I will be visiting Aleppo and some places in Lebanon in mid December. I plan to border cross Aleppo - Tripoli (Lebanon). My questions:

- What time is the 1st bus fr Aleppo to Tripoli? Fare? Time table? Journey time?

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,697 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aleppo - Tripoli

auntiebeeb

syriafullbottle

and Sheikh

would be the best posters and DE's to help out.....

they will always jump in with answers,,,, when give the time......

ciao

A99

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
10,008 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aleppo - Tripoli

thanks A99 for summons to forum

Considering current political unrest in Syria there is nothing sure about transport from Aleppo to Tripoli and border crossing in the north.

However i can assure you once you get to Main bus terminal in Aleppo you will find from locals on the day the up to date information on this subject.If the regulare bus service is affected by the current situation you will find shared taxi service to Tripoli available.

Anita you probably find it harder to get public transport from Tripoli to the mountains and back to Tripoli in Lebanon as you requested info in another post.

Good luck.

IPOH
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aleppo - Tripoli

Thx syriafullbottle...in that case, I think I will hv to wait until I'm there to see whatever option that I hv...its just that I am the kind of person who always made thoroughly research about the place that I am going to visit beforehand ;)

Anyway, do u hv any idea how much the shared taxi fr Aleppo to Tripoli will be? And...are u suggesting me to take a private taxi fr Tripoli to Cedar Reserve? Will it be costly?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
10,008 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aleppo - Tripoli

A shared taxi cost from Aleppo to Tripoli around $ 20 each passenger .Price is usuallu fixed to all passengers not negotiable.

A taxi from Tripoli to Cedar Reserve is negotiable around $ 30 and it is advisable to keep the taxi with you for the return journey( say $ 50 2 ways) cos it will be harder to find a taxi willing to drive you to Tripoli unless he wants to go back home/base..

On a foot note when you get dropped off from Aleppo taxi at Tripoli you can ask about service taxi to the Cedar Reserve might well be some kind of a service it dsnt harm to ask.people are very helpfull .

cheers

IPOH
Level Contributor
150 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aleppo - Tripoli

TQ very much syriafullbottle...u hv been most helpful :)

6. Re: Aleppo - Tripoli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 09:16