We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping

Newcastle upon...
11 posts
Save Topic
Shopping

Hi we are thinking of going to karama? Haven't been for a few years and is it still as good? Can anyone recommend a particular shop to go to? Thanks

9 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
12,405 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping

It is not like what it used to be, so i would give it a miss.

Newcastle upon...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping

Thanks, friends went in Jan and got some great stuff. Has it gone down hill since then?

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
12,405 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping

Well it is a hit and miss. in addition, prices have gone up so much for replicas. If you went there in the past you will see the difference between back then and now. You might come out with a bargain but as i said it is not what it used to be due to the government tighter controls on fake products, making it difficult for the businesses.

Newcastle upon...
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping

Thanks, can u recommend any particular shops and the names? Don't want to waste time there!

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
12,405 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping

Sorry, but i am not a regular there and do not know names .

Dubai
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping

Many shops have Instagram and Facebook pages - you can maybe communicate with them ahead of your arrival and see what they can do for you - that seems to be the modus operandi nowadays

7. Re: Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2017, 14:59

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
76 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping

It all depends on what all would u like to buy. There are better places then Karama and I would suggest you visit the souks, meena bazar etc instead.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping

hi,

can u let us know where can we get perfumes, branded copies, pakistani handcrafted jutis, dresses, etc. in dubai.

also is there any promotion period/ sale/ offers in december. we r visiting between 4-10

thanks in advance.

Ankit

Reply to: Shopping
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted