We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JA Palm Tree Court - any other ideas?

Zurich, Switzerland
2 posts
Save Topic
JA Palm Tree Court - any other ideas?

Hello All. . . . would appreciate any advice from anyone kind enough to share.

The family are in open revolt about our normal March ski holiday - want some winter Sun instead. So Dubai it is . . . . .

Travelling with 2 kids aged 4 and 6. The Palm Tree Court ticked a lot of boxes and reviews are generally pretty good (kid friendly, all inclusive, 5*, food sounds very good and plenty of choice).

Was a bit worried though that this hotel was a bit less "luxurious" than some of the competitors (might just be the photos) and looked like it got quite busy around the pools. Though on the other hand a lot of the really nice hotels looked like they might be less kid friendly/less to do (and I'd blow the budget on cocktails if not on AI).

Is there anywhere I might be missing in a similar price range (4k for family of 4 AI, 7 nights, 1st week March). Any thoughts/recommendations highly appreciated!

Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,942 Reviews
from US$67.40*
US$89.87
Free Cancellation
Special Offer
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
385 Reviews
from US$43.00*
US$48.00
Free Cancellation
Dubai Desert 4x4 Safari with Quad...
440 Reviews
from US$80.00*
Free Cancellation
6 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JA Palm Tree Court - any other ideas?

Palm Tree Court is a fantastic hotel, yes its not as new and flashy as some of the new hotels but equally there is nothing wrong with it. The rooms at Palm Tree Court are very spacious and ideal for families. The AI package offers fantastic value as you can also use the al a carte restaurants. There are also plenty of drinks included.

It is also a very family friendly hotel. During peak times such as school holidays it can get busy around the pool but there are 4 different ones, plus lots of sunbeds on the beach or grassed areas. There is plenty of space in the grounds so it never feels too busy. Also guests at Palm Tree Court get access to one pool and a private beach area which JA Hotel guest cannot use.

If you want AI this is by far the best option in Dubai.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,167 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JA Palm Tree Court - any other ideas?

After my most recent stay I have mixed feelings about the resort now.

I've stayed at the resort 7 times now over the years and it's one of the few hotels in Dubai I regularly return to and indeed I've recommended it many times on this forum.

It offers an excellent an AI package and is very family friendly (the best in The UAE) however for the first time ever my husband and I said we'd be reluctant to return.

If you go in the school holidays be prepared for it to be a bit of a 'free for all' . it was so busy especially the PTC and beach pool - you could not get moved, full of kids diving in and throwing balls about etc.

I have a child so please don't think I'm a child hater but it was a bit unruly at times. I appreciate all family friendly hotels have this to a degree but I think the collapse of the UK sterling hasn't helped as people want to go on holiday but due to our poor rate many UK visitors are going AI (myself included) with this comes the downside.

If you're going for the first time you'll probably still love it but for me as a repeat guest I noticed the faults more and sunbed reserving, lilos, screaming kids, adults getting absolutely hammered on The AI was enough to put me off this time around.

I think it's only like this when it's the UK school holidays (as most of the guests in summer are from The UK) and some of my fellow brits behaviour left a lot to be desired...

Any other time you should be fine and I'd still recommend the resort . I don't want to put you off but I'm just giving an honest opinion

If do AI again in Dubai again I'd look at Rixos on The palm, alternatively I'd look at one of the beach hotels close to The Marina such as Le royal Meriden or Westin and try and get a HB deal - yes you have to pay for drinks but you're within walking distance of JBR for cheaper lunches out etc.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
London, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: JA Palm Tree Court - any other ideas?

I'm glad it's not just me that found this Hannah.

We last stayed there in 2010 with two of our children, at that time it was so very peaceful, quite and relaxing. This year we stayed at the Oasis Beach Tower with our daughter and took the shuttle to Jebel Ali/PTC. I couldn't believe the difference in the place, it was absolute bedlam, lots of drinking, lots of children running wild, most of the pools packed. They seem to be catering to the AI package holiday makers now which has definitely seen the place go downhill.

Zurich, Switzerland
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: JA Palm Tree Court - any other ideas?

Thanks for your thoughtful and in-depth responses!

Will have to have a think!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
9,134 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JA Palm Tree Court - any other ideas?

Check out rixos the palm...all inclusive package as well.

Happy holidays ☀

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,167 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JA Palm Tree Court - any other ideas?

When are you off to Dubai Clint is it soon or have you already been?

Edited: 21 September 2017, 18:25
Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Reply to: JA Palm Tree Court - any other ideas?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted