We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai in January - Suggestions requried

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
64 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai in January - Suggestions requried

I am planning to travel to Dubai in January 2nd week. I need some suggestions to better plan the trip

I will be reaching on Day 1 at 2pm and hence will plan Dubai Mall with Aquarium and Fountain

Day 2 will try to get some local day tour and then in the evening to Dubai Creek. Can this be achievable.

Day 3 Dubai Shopping Festival and Miracle Garden

Day 4 I will put it for Shopping. Planning to go to Gold Souk. Any pointers to good shopping places (reasonable prices) for Perfumes, Electronics, Chocolates, Souvenirs can help me plan more on this day.

Day 5 Planning to go to Abu Dhabi.

Day 6 Departing from Dubai

Where should I take the hotel in Dubai. I want a place from which all city attractions are not far. Saw lot many hotels in Bur Dubai. Is it a good option to take the hotel in this place.

Local Taxi or Ubers - I had checked Uber cost and the minimum charge is 12 AED. From previous TA discussions as well, I had found out that local taxi fare also is 12 AED minimum. Is this mean that taking either of these options will cost you same price.

Camel Company
Gift & Speciality Shops
Glitz & Glamore
Gift & Speciality Shops
4 replies to this topic
Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai in January - Suggestions requried

The Mall and Souks are easily accessed by the Metro. It’s much cheaper than taxis!

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
64 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai in January - Suggestions requried

Thanks for the update.

Let me know where all I can do shopping for cheaper prices. Gold Souk, Spice Souk, Meena Bazaar... Everywhere else?.

Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai in January - Suggestions requried

The three places you mentioned are near to Naif Souk and Murshed Souk - Actully if you like walking you can walk between all of them, and you can try the Dragon Market also.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
12,564 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai in January - Suggestions requried

Uber is more expensive than cream colored taxis by about 30%. Uber uses Lexus cars.

Reply to: Dubai in January - Suggestions requried
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted