We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather end of February

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Weather end of February

Good day,

Planning on possibly travelling to Dubai for my birthday end of February and wanted to find out about the weather then.

Coming from Canada I know it will be much different in temperature for that time of year.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Special Offer
Dubai Desert 4x4 Dune Bashing...
1,941 Reviews
from US$67.40*
US$89.87
Special Offer
Full-Day Tour of Abu Dhabi City From...
384 Reviews
from US$43.00*
US$48.00
Dubai Desert 4x4 Safari with Quad...
440 Reviews
from US$80.00*
10 replies to this topic
Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
12,405 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather end of February

The weather last February was very unpredictable although it would be much warmer than the winter you are used to in Canada. Temperature would probably be in 20s and some days might be overcast. Overall, it is a good time for outdoor activities.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,941 posts
2,266 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather end of February

I have been to Dubai in mid to late February several times and it has been very pleasant from warm to hot. You can get a few hazy days and it has been known to even snow a little in early February.

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
swansea
Level Contributor
893 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather end of February

i was there feb last year, was ok, nice walking around daytime weather but needed wetsuit for swimming and don't plan on sunbathing

no rain though

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,167 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather end of February

Last February was unseasonably chilly , it's normally quite a bit milder .

If you're lucky temps can exceed 30degrees but most commonly it's mid 20s. In my personal experience from when I lived in Dubai Feb was generally the coldest month in Dubai . Coming from Cananda you'll probably find the weather very pleasant and if you're lucky you can still get some sunbathing time

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
957 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather end of February

End of February is rarely "cold". Last few years the coldest part of the winter has fallen in either early or mid February.

But late February is almost always slightly warm in daytime, and cool in evenings

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather end of February

from dec to feb end weather is good in dubai. but after that. its start warming

Scotland
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather end of February

We visited in Feb 2017 and were surprised how cool and windy it was. There were grey skies and some rain! We didn't enjoy our trips to Wild Wad, as you felt really cold out of the water. The hotel pool was also closed on several days. Cardigans and jackets were helpful. We won't be going again in February. If you can travel in a different month it would be even more enjoyable.

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,167 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather end of February

Not all February's are the same though, last year even March and April was chilly in Dubai and had cloudy grey skies and rain for a large part of the months . It was unusual for it to be that cool

Anybody who has only been to Dubai Jan-April 2017 for the first time may think this is the norm when it's not. I've both lived and visited Dubai at some point during these months most years and last year was one of the coldest winters I can recall in Dubai, a few years prior I can recall it being unseasonably hot so nobody can predict the weather

Mentioned in this post
Dubai
Dubai
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
663 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather end of February

You can't really measure by last year as the cold weather dragged on for a lot longer than usual. A good indicator would be when it actually starts to cool down and the summer temperatures have just begun to drop so we might be looking at another cold-ish February. Then again, you really can't be sure.

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather end of February

Thank you all for the info :)

Reply to: Weather end of February
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted