We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing currency at the airport

Nottingham Uk
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Changing currency at the airport

iIhave read that this is the place to get the best rate! can anyone advise how much commission they charge?

Many Thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,349 posts
1,840 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing currency at the airport

They charge no commission.

Go to the one after pasport control, where you pick up your luggage.

If you go the bureaus at the arrival halls before you leav ehte airport the rate gets worse.

Nottingham Uk
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing currency at the airport

Thanks

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changing currency at the airport

I got a better rate at the airport (baggage reclaim area, just by Duty Free) than i could get anywhere in London...and I am an expert in getting great deals at the lower end of Oxford St currency exchanges!

No commission, no charges!

Jules

England
Level Contributor
35 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changing currency at the airport

What about when you leave Dubai, is there a good place to change the money back?

Thanks

Bolton
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changing currency at the airport

Hi,

I am not coming to Dubai until December but was wondering I have some US Dollar travellers cheques from when I visited New York in Januray, does anybody know if I would beable to change these into Dirhams at Dubai Airport?

Many Thanks

Michelle

Newton Abbot...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changing currency at the airport

Michelle

The main bureaux de change at the airport should change them but I haven't a clue what the fees would be. If not any bank or your hotel will do it, again for a fee.

The Dirham is linked to the US dollar exchange rate so, best to hang on to them until Dubai, probably not worth converting back into pounds and then Dirhams when you go.

swadlincote,derbyshi...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Changing currency at the airport

i changed at the exchange place before collecting bags and passport controll i got 7.1 uad to the pound.

8. Re: Changing currency at the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 14:26