We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Hours/Check-In Timing/Stores-Korean/Japanese? Thank

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
826 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Hours/Check-In Timing/Stores-Korean/Japanese? Thank

Heya,

So my flight on Sunday leaves at 8:40AM. I have a non-connecting flight arriving at 12:30AM that day from Muscat, Oman. I plan on taking my bags and heading to the international terminal (I THINK) and checking in to fly into the US/Canada. My questions are

1- I'm assuming I arrive in the domestic terminal - how long would you say does it take to grab your bags, head to the international terminal and check into security?

2- My mother has told me that Dubai airport has an insane amount of shops in it. Are these shops located before security check-in or after? I am aware that duty-free shops show up after security check in. I made the mistake once in another airport and I went through security only to find a tiny cubicle and no shops. I'm assuming it being Dubai the shops are probably located in both areas. That being said, then I guess how long does it take to go through security so I can time my shopping spree accordingly

3- I read that the shops are open 24 hours? Is that really the case? Again I arrive on Sunday at 1230AM

4- Finally - not sure how to term this... but recently I have come to be obsessed with Korean skin care products and Japanese hair products. I heard Dubai Airport has everything in it! Anyone know of any specialty stores that may sell them? It's a possibility that they are also sold in Dubai. The only problem is... I order from online in the US/Canada so I don't know even of specific stores or what to look for

Thanks!

Camel Company
Gift & Speciality Shops
Glitz & Glamore
Gift & Speciality Shops
11 replies to this topic
DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
4,478 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Hours/Check-In Timing/Stores-Korean/Japanese? Thank

1- What airline(s) are you flying? This will determine your arrival and departure terminal(s). It will also determine whether you will need to pick up your bags, or if they'll be tagged to final destination. Generally speaking, all of Dubai airport terminals are international.

2- Most of duty free shopping is after security. No way of accurately predicting how long it will take to go through security as it will depend on airport traffic at that time.

3- I read that the shops are open 24 hours? Is that really the case? Yes.

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,130 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Hours/Check-In Timing/Stores-Korean/Japanese? Thank

There are no commercial domestic terminals in Dubai or Muscat.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
826 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Hours/Check-In Timing/Stores-Korean/Japanese? Thank

I'm coming from Muscat using FlyDubai - if that makes a difference.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
826 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Hours/Check-In Timing/Stores-Korean/Japanese? Thank

Oh - just bumping for any other input plus someone told me (albeit they were only in Dubai as a layover) that once you enter a terminal it's extremely hard/time consuming to go to another section... I'm not sure what they are talking about...

DxB
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
4,478 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Hours/Check-In Timing/Stores-Korean/Japanese? Thank

You haven't stated what airline you will be taking from Dubai to North America- that will determine the terminal you'll need to head to when you arrive into Dubai.

FlyDubai arrives into terminal 2, which is for regional and budget airlines. Assuming that you'll be flying out of Dubai with one of the carriers that depart from T1 or T3, you will need to transfer from T2 so you can check in to your next flight. There's a free inter-terminal shuttle bus that you can take.

You have a decent layover and should have time to shop if all goes according to schedule. T3 is home to the larger duty free and both T1 and T3 are connected *after* passport control and security check. You could actually move freely and seamlessly between the two terminals.

dubaiairports.ae/before-you-fly/which-termin…

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
826 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Hours/Check-In Timing/Stores-Korean/Japanese? Thank

Heya,

I'll be flying out of Dubai using Emirates airline. Looks like Terminal 3 only has Emirates and Qantas... hmmm - Terminal 1 has most airlines... does that mean it's the best place to shop at?

Thanks

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
12,587 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Hours/Check-In Timing/Stores-Korean/Japanese? Thank

T3 is the better one and is newer, has more shops and duty free is big plus more dining options. It’s the place to be in a Dubai airport. As Fasttrack said, T1 and T3 are interconnected; but to move from T2 to T3 you need assistance of the ground crew.

Edited: 21 January 2018, 03:55
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
826 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport Hours/Check-In Timing/Stores-Korean/Japanese? Thank

So sounds like - once I come through T1, get my bags, check them in... go through security and just immediately head to T3 and go nuts at midnight!

Okay thanks!

Dubai, United Arab...
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,130 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport Hours/Check-In Timing/Stores-Korean/Japanese? Thank

You cannot enter or check in at T1 and it is not possible to walk to T3 without going through immigration. Won't work.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
48,149 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport Hours/Check-In Timing/Stores-Korean/Japanese? Thank

You enter Dubai via Terminal 2.

You go through immigration, collect your luggage and then take a taxi or the shuttle bus to T3, which is 6kms from T2.

You check in at T3 and once through security you can shop until you are called for your 8.40am flight.

You will not check in at T1 but once you are in departures you can, if you wish, move between T1 and T3 airside

Reply to: Airport Hours/Check-In Timing/Stores-Korean/Japanese? Thank
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted