We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Bus or half day city tour?

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Big Bus or half day city tour?

My teenage son and I will be in Dubai for 3 nights at the beginning of July staying at GHH. This is the start of several stops on a trip to the Cook Islands for us.

I was wondering whether we would be better taking the 24 hour Big Bus or the half day city tour. There seem to be several free add ons to the Big Bus tour - the museum and the cruise. However, I am unclear if these must be taken within the 24 hours.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Big Bus or half day city tour?

The big bus tour is a ticket that is valid for 24 hours after you buy it...this covers the city bus tour, walking tour and the beach bus tour...Get on and off as many times as you like in the 24 hours, they run every 30 mins.

Additional included tickets are the museum entrance (which is only 3 dhms each anyway), the Dhow cruise, the entrance to the cultural centre, the discount card for the Wafi centre, etc which are not timed out...you can use these at any time. In fact we never got to use the Dhow cruise tickets because the one we wanted to take was cancelled due to wind, so I may save them and use them next visit!

At 150 dhms (a fraction over £21) per person this has to be almost the best value in Dubai (after the 1 dhm abra creek crossing!)

Have fun!

Jules

Wrexham,North Wales
Level Contributor
235 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Big Bus or half day city tour?

I have booked big bus tour on line for our holiday in October. You pay in USA dollars which is good as the rate is so good at the moment. For 4 adults it was $148 about £74. You get an e ticket which you have 12 months to use to transfer into your bus ticket. Good luck

Foxton, New Zealand
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Big Bus or half day city tour?

Red Bus, do they scan the bar code, we have allready booked our B Red B

if they just scan that I will cut it ,from the paper we have sent,

and laminate the bar code,

Glasgow
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Big Bus or half day city tour?

If you buy the ticket in advance on the internet, do you have to start the tour at Wafi centre?

Foxton, New Zealand
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Big Bus or half day city tour?

You can get on and off when you wish

6. Re: Big Bus or half day city tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 20:19