We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai or New York for shopping

ireland
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Dubai or New York for shopping

Interested in trying Dubai but would there be good shopping there.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Dubai or New York for shopping

I wouldnt say it is more expensive but def on par with uk prices and in some occassions more, my husband said he thought CD/DVD/PC games were def more expensive in mall of the emirates.

jewelley is a bargain

but with dollar being so weak for shopping, New york has to be cheaper.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,007 posts
1,794 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Dubai or New York for shopping

The JC Penney in Dubai is not a patch on the US ones.

LONDON
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Dubai or New York for shopping

So if you normally do a lot of shopping in the U.S,unless your after jewellry,is shopping a bit of a let down then?

UK
Level Contributor
255 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Dubai or New York for shopping

Shopping a let down?

Well there is a huge selection - UK, Oz and US brands - but. for me thats not the attraction. These are all shops that you could find anywhere in the world.

Its more the shopping environment which makes Dubai special...malls are spectacularly designed (from tacky glory to palatial...Ibn Battuta, Mall of the Emirates, Wafi etc....think Vegas only without the louts

15. Re: Dubai or New York for shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 06:21