We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dubai - august,a bit nervous!!

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
dubai - august,a bit nervous!!

hallo all - just joined so sorry if im asking alot of questions

right

Going to dubai early August, staying half board in the oasis beach hotel - here come the questions

1. - I know its gonna be hot and its regarded the 'low season' but will there still be a nightlife - do the pubs/clubs close??

2. Can someone recommend nice restaurants in the Jumeirah beach area - not too pricey??!!

3. Is the jellyfish situation really that bad in August??

4. Whats the dress code at night going out to pubs etc - am i right in saying if im in the resort - ie beach and around my hotel i can wear a bikini but going to out of this I must have my shoulders covered??

once again - sorry if im covering old ground!

Thanks for any info

ireland
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: dubai - august,a bit nervous!!

again - an annoying question bu.....what hotels are near the Oasis Beach Hotel so I can plan where to go! :)

London
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: dubai - august,a bit nervous!!

Hilton, Sheraton, Le Royal Meridien, Grosvenor House, Mina Seyahi and Ritz Carlton are within a 5-10 min taxi journey - Hilton is bout 5 mins walk

ireland
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: dubai - august,a bit nervous!!

cool thanks for the reply - trying to find a map with the position of our hotel&surrounding hotels and finding it hard!! :)

have sent off a few mails for info - was looking at the posts and brunch on fridays looks really popular - do people still do this in August, silly question but I thought i read it somewhere that because of the heat there was no outdoor dining so brunch on terrace in Al Qasr is out, or is it??

Thanks again for all replies...everyone is so friendly here :)

London
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: dubai - august,a bit nervous!!

Hiya happychick

I've found a pretty decent map which shows all the hotels in dubai and other attractions, the link is below, you'll need to zoom in tho

Hope it helps

http://www.dtcm-dubaimap.com/Map_of_Dubai.pdf

ireland
Level Contributor
77 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: dubai - august,a bit nervous!!

brillinat, thanks!!

Im not going til August but Im soooo excited already!! :)

16. Re: dubai - august,a bit nervous!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 03:19