We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent Review required for Southtravels.com

Asia
Level Contributor
69 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent Review required for Southtravels.com

Dear All,

I plan to travel to Dubai the next weekend on an urgent basis.

Given the short gap for making travel arrangements i plan to use

www.southtravels.com for my visa and hotel arrangements.

Has anyone used this site before ? Any review please provide.

I plan to stay somewhere in city center for about 300 Dirhams...any suggestions might welcome.

Thanks for any help.

LONDON
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent Review required for Southtravels.com

Hi ,i had some slight reservations,but i used this company, to book my hotel accomadation and my desert safari, with no problems at all.I dealt with Stefany,if that's any help ,she was extremely helpful-i'd have no qualms using them again,very good indeed.

England
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent Review required for Southtravels.com

Hi, I have never used them myself however the die hards on here constantly rave about there prices and efficiency.

I'm sure you can't go wrong using them

London
Level Contributor
679 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent Review required for Southtravels.com

Hiya

ive used them to book my Burj stay and they were offering the best rate going, £100 off the next best price, and there very quick to respond to any enquiry so was very impressed

Cant go wrong with them in my opinion

Warwick
Level Contributor
412 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent Review required for Southtravels.com

I understand the Ibis and Nova Hotels by the trade centre are cheap and should meet you budget.

5. Re: Urgent Review required for Southtravels.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2016, 23:00
Norway
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent Review required for Southtravels.com

We have used southtravels 3 times now, and are very pleased with their prices and their service.

Usualy when we travel we like to deal with the hotel directly, and pay when checking out, feel more flexible that way.

But all three times we have been to Dubai, we have checked the prices very carefully both directly with the hotel and from many different travel agents.

Every time southtravels have offered the best price.

So I find it OK to prepay when traveling to Dubai.

It saves us a lot of money. As soon as you have paid the cost for your hotel reservation, you will receive your preapid voucher by e-mail.

So we have just good things to say about southtravels.

Good prices and good service.

london
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent Review required for Southtravels.com

Worst Travel Agency I have enver used Online.

Confirmed my Booking and took payment from my creditcard, after that they said the hotel is full and offer me optional accomodation which i dont even like...

i had very bad experience

until today i am trying to get my Refund..

Manchester
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent Review required for Southtravels.com

We booked with Southtravels for our stay at the GHH in October. One travel agent over here were quoting almost double the amount that Southtravels had quoted. We booked with them after reading the reviews on here and also after receiving our confirmation we contacted the hotel directly to confirm the booking - all done and everything is fine with the booking.

Sorry to hear about your experience molaana. I did notice that on the booking form there was a clause about in the event that they couldn't confirm the booking they would try and get you in somewhere else. We took the gamble and I guess it paid off for us. Have they mentioned where they might book you in to?

Pakistan
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Urgent Review required for Southtravels.com

Hi,

I've just booked a hotel in Abu Dhabi with Southtravels - I agree with everyone else here - they are generally cheaper than elsewhere.....BUT.....I asked for a quote of hotels in the $200-$300 range - They got back to me with a quote for $320 - I assumed that was the best available rate, so I went ahead and booked.....I then found on their website a hotel for $237 per night -

I asked them to change the hotel (within 2 hours of paying for the first one) which they did and asked them to book a Dinner cruise and hotel transfers out of the balance....Which they did LITERALLY.....They have gone and charged me $175US per person for a Dhow cruise - and mysteriously - the amount matches exactly - $450US for a Dinner cruise for 2 and airport transfers???!!!!

I sent an inquiry from another email address and got a quote for $65 per person - A bit of a difference there...

Am currently trying to resolve - but I advise caution when using Southtravels!!!!

10. Re: Urgent Review required for Southtravels.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 16:18