We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tanzanite for Sale in Dubai??

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tanzanite for Sale in Dubai??

Hello all you shoppers...

I am looking for a good price/deal on a tanzanite stone, either loose or in a ring setting. It is my all-time favorite stone. Have you seen any for sale at the Gold and Diamond Park?

That would be awesome...and if only my husband would turn me loose with the credit card...that would be a double 10+.

Thanks for your input.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tanzanite for Sale in Dubai??

Hi There

I think there was a post on here before about Tanzanite and I definitely haven't seen it in Dubai! It is a beautiful stone and in May I had a look around the windows in Gold & Diamond Park for Tanzanite stones but couldn't see it. Although I didn't ask about it when I was shopping. Too busy with the diamonds LOL

Maybe someone else on here has seen it somewhere!

Happy Hunting!

Tyne and Wear
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
9,646 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tanzanite for Sale in Dubai??

Mollys right there has been a post on here in the last few months. Try typing tanzanite in the search and click go.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tanzanite for Sale in Dubai??

Dear Mollydon and Hannahengland,

Thank you for your double quick response. I did just as you suggested and searched this thread for tanzanite. Doesn't seem to be in big demand there. What a pity! I was hoping there would be some availability due to a closer proximity to Tanzania. I guess it will never hurt to inquire when I get there in December.

PS Mollydon...I enjoyed reading about your escapades with Yorky.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tanzanite for Sale in Dubai??

Thanks PurpleQueen!!!

Hope you have some luck with the Tanzanite!

Molly xx

oxford
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tanzanite for Sale in Dubai??

saw a lot of tanzanites in the gold souk two years ago, not sure about price but probably would be good as most of the jewellery I bought has been valued at 3-4 times price paid

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,340 posts
1,840 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tanzanite for Sale in Dubai??

I posted on Tanzanite several months ago.

We did see a nice ring in Cara at the G&D park and purchased it for my wife.

The choice is not extensive and they did have some loose stones as well. After a lot of bartering we were happy with the price we paid.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
459 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tanzanite for Sale in Dubai??

Hi there,

We go to Dubai at the end of June and Tanzanite is also a big favourite of mine.

I think if you ask in some of the bigger jewellers in the G&D park, if they don't have it on display they can probably get it for you.

I am hoping to see about getting a necklace made up to match a ring I bought in Goa earlier this year (at a fantastic price!). My boss's wife bought a tanzanite ring in Dubai about 2 years ago - it is huge and she got it from a shop called 'Paris Gems' I don't know where that is yet but will find out before we go - unless anyone else on here can help!

Good luck

J

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Tanzanite for Sale in Dubai??

Dear Honeyham, PrestonTraveler and Janeymates...

Thanks for posting. Now I have a little more hope of finding that special stone. I will look for the place you mentioned. In your travels to Dubai, let me know what you find. We are also going to Mumbai and Cochin, so maybe on another stop I will find a selection.

Happy hunting! I hope you find what you are looking for. too..let me know when you return what you find.

Happy travels.

Laura

united kingdom
Level Contributor
459 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tanzanite for Sale in Dubai??

Hi Laura,

When do you travel to Dubai? If it is after us (we get back 3rd July) I will definitely report back to you what we found/didn't find!

You will definitely have a good choice in Mumbai/Cochin too, as most of the worlds Diamonds pass through India, so price is quite low, if you were wanting a mix of Tanzanite & Diamond this could be the place, though I don't think the standards are as high (ie: you don't get the same type of certification from some places and you need to be sure of what quality/cut etc you want and always ask to see the stone(s) first before they are set) We experienced 2 or 3 different jewellers in Goa and the best one took our order and asked for no deposit - "If you come back and you are happy then you will pay" the owner said.

Happy Shopping!

J

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Tanzanite for Sale in Dubai??

Janeymates,

We will be in Dubai in December....but only overnight on a cruise stop. I will have to do some power shopping!

It would be awesome if you would let me know what you find in Tanzanite and where to shop...but hey, don't buy up all the availability before I get there! LOL. I am looking for that dreamy, dark, dark, blue color.

Have a wonderful trip and if you can, when you return, please post a report of your trip and what you did.

Safe travels.

Laura