We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar airlways

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
98 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Qatar airlways

Anyone flown with Qatar before? Are they good meaning food, leg room, entertainment general comfort? Also are the alcoholic drinks free?

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qatar airlways

They are considered to be one of the top five airlines with there stop over hub in Doha, cant answer properly as never flown with them but would on reviews ive read.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qatar airlways

they are popular with far east trips so might be worth putting a post on the Bangkok forum.

Bolton, England
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qatar airlways

Clair

I have flown with Qatar and was impressed with them. It was about four or five years ago now and we went from Manchester to Doha and then Doha to the Maldives. The food is the same as pretty much every other airline as regards quality and yes the drinks are free. As far as general comfort we went business so can only comment on that and as you have not said how you are travelling I am not sure if I am helping here but I thought the level of comfort was good.

I thought they were far superior to Emirates and the service was very good. I would definately be more than happy to fly with them again.

England, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qatar airlways

I travelled with Qatar last year to Dubai via Doha. The flight was fantastic going out - leg room good, food great and drinks were all complimentary. Entertainment was standard - each seat had its own entertainment system with tv, games, films etc.

Coming back was much the same but the service wasnt as good as on the way out - this could have had something to do with the timing of the fligh (late night).

I am returning to Dubai this year and would actively look to fly with Qatar (or Emirates) again.

Hope this helps.

Craig

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Qatar airlways

Qatar are good (I fly with them four or five times a year) and pretty much on a par with Emirates.

The only problem is their complaint handling 'system' is non-existant and when they screw up, they screw up big time and seem to have no way of making things better. That said, I'd recommend them every time. Transiting through Doha is a bit of a pain, but it's not a long connection time.

oxford
Level Contributor
193 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Qatar airlways

Check airline quality web site for reviews of all airlines

7. Re: Qatar airlways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 23:17