We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you trade jewellery on the Gold & Diamond park ?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
599 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Can you trade jewellery on the Gold & Diamond park ?

Just wondered as i have a few bits i don't wear anymore & i know in the caribbean they will let you put them in "part ex" so to speak. Can you do that here or is it not worth it ?

Thanks

P

x

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you trade jewellery on the Gold & Diamond park ?

yes you can but never done it so dont know how it works, however you could have the stuff melted down and remade to what you fancy.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,991 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you trade jewellery on the Gold & Diamond park ?

Yes they will take it off you in part ex, make sure you remember what you paid for it and then you will be comfortable with what you get.

I have done this several times, mainly to upscale. They give you what's it's worth without labour so only you will be able to decide if you're happy.

I take the view that if it's something you no longer wear than it has to be worth more than it is lying in a draw.

oxford
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you trade jewellery on the Gold & Diamond park ?

I took back jewellery I had bought in the 70s when we lived in Dubai and swapped for something I would wear, no problem, as for price, as long as you are happy with the deal, thats OK, I also had some large 70s ring stones changed into pendants with great success, all at Hemendra in the gold souk, good luck

London
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you trade jewellery on the Gold & Diamond park ?

Have done this on 2 occasions and used the items to 'upgrade' one was a pair of earings and the other was a diamond bracelet. Thankfully, I'd kept the reciepts, so I knew what sort of deal I was getting.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you trade jewellery on the Gold & Diamond park ?

Hi,

Does Cara (the TA recommended jeweller in the G&D park) do this too? Or just Hemendra in the Gold Souk. Is it widely available, and what is "part ex". Sorry for all the questions, but this is a new piece of information that could be really useful! And my husband will love me for 'recycling' (LOL).

Do they take anything? ie I've got some diamond earrings that I hate & don't wear but I don't have certificates for the stones (and I suspect they aren't top quality) and also some yellow gold bracelets that I don't wear anymore. Like Lati, I'm of the opinion that its no good to me in my bottom drawer (and I have a few things that I never wear now), so if I could trade it in on something I would wear, I wouldn't be tooo fussy abt the price.

cheers

AG

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,991 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you trade jewellery on the Gold & Diamond park ?

Yes Cara will do it. I've recycled a few things there

7. Re: Can you trade jewellery on the Gold & Diamond park ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 10:17