We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Needed on Best Area To Stay

Peg
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Advice Needed on Best Area To Stay

Got 4 nights in Dubai March 08, not sure if we should book a beach hotel and take trips into the city or book into a city hotel. Beach hotels seem more expensive and lots of reports about construction - any advice welcome.

Found a really good deal for the Radisson Deira Creek Hotel, seems too good to be true has anyone stayed there? Is it within walking distance of all the things I'm going to want to do?

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,600 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice Needed on Best Area To Stay

If you can give us some idea of "all the things I'm going to want to do" perhaps we'll be able to offer some advice.

And, yes, there's lots of construction behind the hotels on the beach but, if that's what you fancy (the weather will be great then) don't let it put you off.

We live here and, when we moved here, we were pretty much out in the desert. Now we're also becoming surrounded by construction sites (not least the development where we live - it's still growing) and we still love it here.

As I said, give us some idea of what you hope to get from your holiday and I and all the other regulars will, I'm sure, be able to offer loads of advice!

Peg
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice Needed on Best Area To Stay

Thanks, really interested in the history and culture. Would like to explore on foot as much as possible, not really shoppers (well my husband isn't) but would like to go to the souks. What do you consider to be the best things to do, as it's just four nights we want to see as much as possible.

What about night times, what are good areas for eating out?

London
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice Needed on Best Area To Stay

Have a look at the arabian courtyard which is in a great location for the souks and traditional city area, also got really good reviews

Peg
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice Needed on Best Area To Stay

I have looked at the Arabian Courtyard but been put off by the size of the pool (I know I want everything)!

Radisson is offering 4 nights Club class which includes airport transfers, club lounge etc. for about £600 for the 4 nights. This is very good value compared to the other hotels, but why???? Is it so far out, or just plain awful? Anyone got any experience of staying there or at least give me ideas of distances to places please.

oxford
Level Contributor
193 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice Needed on Best Area To Stay

radisson is right on the creek, easy to walk to many places, havent been inside, used to be the intercontinental many years ago

uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice Needed on Best Area To Stay

I am going to this hotel on Saturday for 4 nights. My other half has a conference there. I can let you know what it's like on my return.

Peg
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice Needed on Best Area To Stay

That would be brilliant, thank you

8. Re: Advice Needed on Best Area To Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 01:17