We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What a blast

UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
What a blast

Thanx for all the help you lot gave us. The Burberry Queens had a wicked time in Dubai.

We found the fake bags place and got loads of stuff. Made loads of new mates in there. Got loads of numbers but ain't gonna give em out on here.

Maryjo - you were right about the Burberry pashmin things. Me and the girls got well sorted in there

Damaged my white heels in the deckin at O Zone but Nine West in that big place with a skiing thing had a sale so no worries. Met some Aussie blokes who called it dickin - we think they were talkin about the same stuff.

WOW That Burg Rab takes some beatin don't it. Just walked up with confidence and chatted up blokes on door. I think the Burberry pashmin things swung it.

We missed our Lambrinis coz you were right about not being able to buy booze but a couple of camel's milk cocktails saw us right.

Didn't manage to go for a run so missed out on the exercise - but spent most of our time on our backs in the sun doing leg lifts and crunches so kept in shape.

Thankx again for your help and you saved us from packin loads of jumpers.

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,655 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What a blast

Glad you girls had such a great time here. How was the Ascot?

Sorry to hear you damaged your heels in the deckin/dickin at O Zone - hope you had no further problems with deckin/dickin in Dubai?

And, you're right, the Burj al Arab is fab, isn't it. Any of the doormen offer you a date? Some of them are quite tasty.

Broxburn, UK
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What a blast

Welcome back home. It sounds like Dubai was a big hit with you all. Pity you didn't bump into the others from the forum who were out in Dubai at the same time as you. Latti could have given you a tour of her suite at the Burj !! I told you they would be impressed with the Burberry pashminas there. The doormen at the Burj are trained to recognize "class" so that is probably why they were so impressed with you all. So what "stuff" did you get at Karama? I bet you are all now thinking that "Burberry" is old news now that you have seen what is on offer in Dubai? So the "check" will be getting ditched for the Gucci and the Prada will it? How was your flight. Surely you all managed to blag an upgrade???if anyone could, you lot could.

Tell us more!!!

Devon UK
Level Contributor
179 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What a blast

Girls

Never mix your "deckin" with your "dickin" ;-)

UK
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What a blast

Most of the doormen where we went were quite tasty - we certainly had no probs gettin in places. Some bloke outside the Burj even offered my mate a fistful of money but I made her give it back.

Flight was good. We sat together in the middle and got free drinks all night - not like the EasyJet to Malaga is it. Watched a couple of movies and had a good laugh. Some of the cabin announcements were in a foreign language though so hope we didn't miss anything important.

Stuff was shoes, bags, watches, purses, scarves and them pashmin things. We were there 3 hours and got invited out by Farooj and his mate Raxsool to drinks at some place called Mad enough Jam and Trilogee but we stood em up.

Suite tours eh - that sounds like a good job. If Latti is still doin it next time we go we'll do that.

Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
5,655 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What a blast

Did you go to the York Hotel nightclub?

Meet any other groups of girlies there that you could chat to?

Was it fun?

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What a blast

Latti have we rumbled you? Too funny!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,336 posts
1,839 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What a blast

'......but spent most of our time on our backs in the sun doing leg lifts and crunches so kept in shape.'

mmm... crikey!!!

8. Re: What a blast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 08:17