We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubai weather in July

scotland UK
Level Contributor
545 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Dubai weather in July

Hi, I can only go to Dubai in July, don't have any choice. I normally go on holiday to Las Vegas and it is very hot there, is the weather similar in both these places. I presumed it was due to them being in the desert but I was getting a bit worried when reading comments about Dubai in July, is it really that bad?

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
791 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubai weather in July

The weather is roasting in July but people find it bearable.Last year though I did struggle a bit with 20-30 mins sunbathing with 15-20 mins in pool.If you have a beach hotel there will be a bit of a breeze to cool you or if you stay in an hotel that has a pool on a higher level then it will also be cooler.Humidity can also be a problem,but as there are so many people visiting Dubai in the really hot months then it must be bearable or we would not keep going back.All the malls and taxis and hotels etc are well air conditioned so you should have no worries there.

I have only been to Vegas in March and to be honest would not like to visit in July due to lack of shade/cover whereas Dubai will have plenty of shade around the hotels.

Go try it and enjoy it and if it is too warm for you then at least you will have given it a go

Gib

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
22,063 posts
2,000 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubai weather in July

I've been to Vegas in July. I expect Dubai to be comparable.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubai weather in July

We do Dubai in July also due to the school holidays and it is hot but you will get used to it.

We spnet a full day at Wild Wadi and you just keep going into the pool to chill.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubai weather in July

Should have addec that it is not all that different from m Scotland in July except for the sun, heat, cheap eating and no rain!!!!!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
42,361 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubai weather in July

Very hot and very humid.

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dubai weather in July

Hi

We also go to Dubai in July (roll on the 8th).

Yes it is hot but it all depends on what you can handle. I have been to Las Vegas a few times and even though the temperatures are comparable I just find it to be a different kind heat.

You know how when you are walking down the strip and it feels like the sun is melting your skull. Well in Dubai it is more the humidity that you feel so you literally sweat buckets (I perspire!!!).

I have never got sunburned in Dubai but I have in Las Vegas (and I always slip, slap, slop).

I'm sure you will have a fantastic time, just be sensible.

Jue

Northern Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dubai weather in July

our first time in dubai was in july...roasting hot..42-44 degrees...we actually went out for a walk with our daughter in the pram...locals thought we were mad...taxis kept pumping horns at us to get a lift....mind you...we were the only ones out walking...stick to the shopping malls or wild wadi..or near a pool and you will be fine....i played golf at the emirates course....must have lost about half a stone in weight that day....went again at christmas time...now that was much more pleasant....but enjoy it anyway...its a fascinating oplace to visit.

scotland UK
Level Contributor
545 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dubai weather in July

Thanks everybody for your advice, I can see the difference is not the heat but the humidity as Las Vegas is very dry. Looking forward to it anyway and will take the advice and try the Wild Wadi with the kids.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dubai weather in July

Hi I have only been in August, it is very hot and humid but it is manageable, I took some advice from someone who lives in Dubai and they said to drink plenty of water, more than you think you need.

Everywhere is geared up for the heat everywhere is air con and taxi's are so cheap that you don't need to walk.

Don't be put of by the heat we are back again this August for our 3rd trip

Enjoy

10. Re: Dubai weather in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 22:20