We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

free half board at the westin??

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Omagh, United...
Level Contributor
709 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
free half board at the westin??

hi guys - sorry first timer here - we have got a great deal on the new westin and have been offered half board for free as part of our package - can anyone enlighten me as to what restaurants we can use or monetary value - sorry may sound silly but i was just unsure.

thanks

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: free half board at the westin??

Won't know for sure yet as the Westin doesn't open until May but I have the same deal when I visit the Westin in Sept and the LRM in May.

Half Board deals in other Dubai hotels usually mean eat free at the buffet and if you eat at the restaurants in the hotel, you will get so much towards the meal. I think it's a good deal especially when it's free. If the hotel has a few restaurants, you could eat somewhere different every day.

Even if you don't use it, you've not missed out.

East
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: free half board at the westin??

hi!

I just booked this yesterday too, its a fabulous deal....!

Omagh, United...
Level Contributor
709 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: free half board at the westin??

many thanks guys - the hotel looks great from the pictures i have seen anyway so here's looking forward to it - any recommendations as to how we should spend our time there? just curious what sites did you use to book your hotel ?

East
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: free half board at the westin??

I booked with best@travel, although i'm still waiting for confirmation.....eek!

London, United...
Level Contributor
923 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: free half board at the westin??

As lawyergirl said if its like the LRM, the meals are based on a buffet meal and if you eat in other restaurant you will get a credit towards the meal and pay the balance.

We have half board when we go in August, I am sure when it opens someone will let us know.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: free half board at the westin??

Hi, Also booked with Best@travel and the half board option will come in handy if we spend too much money at the shops!!!

As Chelsea said the meal will be taken in the Buffet Restaurant and if you use another restaurtant you will get a small credit towards it. Don't think it will anywhere near pay for the meal though!!!

It is always handy to have and seeing as it is comp no point turning it down LOL

East
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: free half board at the westin??

Whoop Whoop!

I just got confirmation!

eight nights staying at the Westin leaving on 24 May, flying direct with Emirates, Half Board free, with private tranfers in a deluxe sea view room, I cant say how much it was as its a surprise for my hubbys birthday and I dont want him to know, lets just say it was a Bargain!

Justin at Best@Travel, said the opening had vbeen brought forward to May 1st, from May 11th.

The best part of the deal for me was the half board and the direct flights, as we have spent many hours in airports on stop-offs before wishing we'd paid extra to fly direct.

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: free half board at the westin??

Glad you got your conformation!!!! You will be amongst the first to go so please make notes while you are there and then you can tell us all about it when you get back ;-)

Can't wait to hear what you think of it

London, United...
Level Contributor
923 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: free half board at the westin??

Agree with Molly, let us know everything!!!

Glad you got your confirmation through and you are happy with all the arrangements, well done.

London, United...
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: free half board at the westin??

Just booked as well. ChelseaBabe and Mollydon got me going on this one this year!

You will probably be one of the first TA members at this hotel. Would really appreciate a report when you get back.

Just to give you an idea

starwoodhotels.com/westin/…

click on Dining

Enjoy