We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code at the JBH

essex
Level Contributor
97 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code at the JBH

Can any one tell me what is the dress code in the Premium Leisure Lounge day/night?

Lancaster
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code at the JBH

Hi

It's supposed to be smart casual in the evening, no shorts, t-shirts or opened toe sandals for the men. Women can wear more or less anything, probably not a good idea to wear a micro mini skirt or b..b tube type of top!

Through the day - casual, but not beachwear ie - bikinis or swimming shorts. Whilst we were there we did notice some people coming straight in (probably from Wild Wadi, as it's near the entrance) in their beach wear, no shame or repsect I'm afraid

Fiona

Lancaster
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code at the JBH

Sorry

Can't spell respect! Duh

Fiona

LONDON
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code at the JBH

Hi, were we there the same time Aniof?I too witnessed the sort you refer to,lol.There really didn't appear to be a dress code that was adhered to.People just seemed to please themselves.

bristol
Level Contributor
243 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code at the JBH

hi,

been to jbh plc severeal times now. Anything goes really! by day general beach wear, evening the same or cocktail dress! hopes this helps it really is very unrestricted. The saff in there are really great peticularly mo.

have a great time. dont miss afternoon tea its great

Lancashire.
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code at the JBH

Hi

I too was wondering what the dress code is for the premium Leisure Lounge! we fly out on Sunday from Birmingham (can not wait).

Could anyone tell me if trainers (lacoste) would be allowed in the evening? my son is 18 and perfers to wear trainers most of the time! If not I feel a shopping trip coming on! before Sunday.

Thanks in advance.

Lancaster
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code at the JBH

AshLancashire

Your son will be fine in trainers at night. We went for afternoon tea at the Burj and saw people wearing trainers, we went to La Parilla that states "elegant dress" and saw people in trainers. I think the hotels don't mind so long as people don't turn up in full football kits etc!

Have a wonderful holiday, I'm sure you will and don't forget to post a trip report when you get back!

Fiona

Lancashire.
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code at the JBH

Hi Fiona

Thanks for the info. it is really helpful and yes I will post a report.

Lynda

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress code at the JBH

But people do turn up for dinner at the JBH in football kits. We had the serious misfortune in the Italian restaurant one evening to sit next to a British man in his 40s with a young son both of who were dressed to play football. If we hadn't had clients with us, we would have got up and left. Unless you're playing football, why does anyone need to dress for it, let alone go out to dinner in the gear?

9. Re: Dress code at the JBH

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 03:19