We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dress code at the westin

Which Dubai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
dress code at the westin

Can anyone tell me what the dress code is for evening dinner at the westin? thanks

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dress code at the westin

Hi dajascot, It will be smart casual i.e. smart top and trousers for you or a dress if you are in to them!

For hubby, trousers, proper shoes (No Sandals) trousers and a shirt or polo shirt. I woudn't think a t shirt would be appropriate but you may find some wearing them. I think it is nice to make the effort for dinner.

Hope this helps

LONDON
Level Contributor
86 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dress code at the westin

Do you think for men nice leather sandals are ok for them to wear?? as my dh wears them all the time with his linen trousers in the evening when we are away..

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dress code at the westin

Men are not permitted to wear sandals of any description in the evenings I'm afraid. They are just not accepted in restaurants. Proper shoes only

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dress code at the westin

Hi Mollydon

thanks for that thats a great help

J

leeds
Level Contributor
675 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dress code at the westin

when we were at le meridien last year my hubby often wore sandals and casuals to dinner. he never wears chinos and hardly ever wears formal shoes. if you are dining at the buffet you should be ok, and youl also be ok in the hotel. just dont go down market with the sandals.

if you go out to a restauarnt then you should wear shoes.

LONDON
Level Contributor
86 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dress code at the westin

Wow no smart sandals!! my dh will be miffed.. he hates wearing shoes in a very hot country.. thanks for that though.. i am glad i read this post..

England
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: dress code at the westin

Dress code for the Blue Orange is on the Casual side of smart casual.

You'll be fine in shorts (smartish), sandals, t-shirts - just no swinwear.

There will be a mix of locals who will be very well dressed and hotel guests who won't.

Dress Code for the rest of the restaurants I'm sure is much more on the Smart side of smart casual and more in line with other 5* hotel attire.

Dress in what you feel comfortable in - it's your holiday !

harlow, uk
Level Contributor
414 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dress code at the westin

hi

i always wear sandals with linen trousers to dinner and have never had a problem, they are not flip flops, but a good pair of sandals ie Birkenstocks, Paul Smith etc.

Stayed at GHH x 2, O&O The Palace, PTC,

To my mind linen trousers with sandals are what holidays in the heat are all about.

The locals wear them uner their national dress s whats the issue.....

East
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dress code at the westin

hi

Just got back from the westin and most people do not stick to a dress code, it was most certainly ok for men to wear open sandals, and women to have much more on show than i want to see at mealtimes!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: dress code at the westin

Hi All

thanks very much for your posting hubby much more reassured!