We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any nice chinese restaurants

nottingham
12 posts
Save Topic
Any nice chinese restaurants

Hi

We are going back to dubai in 4 weeks time Yippeeee, would quite fancy a cantonese or chinese whilst over there any one know of any good ones close to JBH if possible.

Cheers Cazi

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
315 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any nice chinese restaurants

Hi Cazi

We like Zeng He's at The Mina A Salam

madinatjumeirah.com/mina_a_salam/…

18 more sleeps and we will be there :-)

Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
91 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any nice chinese restaurants

Hi CrystalTips

Reading many comments on this web site, the Mina a salam has a very good chinese called:

Zheng Hes

Also the Noble House at Raffles has been voted restuarant of the year in Dubai.

Not eaten at either but will be trying Zheng hes in 5 weeks.

kind regards

PAW

Northern Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
8,666 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any nice chinese restaurants

try the noodle bar in the emirates towers....food is gorgeous...and a great place to spot celebs...if your into that sort of thing.

shrops
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any nice chinese restaurants

Hi Cazi,

Best one i,ve been is in the new Raffles hotel near Wafi centre well worth the taxi ride top class service and excellent food, having sampled most of the cantonese/chinese restuarants in dubai this one goes to the top of the list, IMO

nottingham
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any nice chinese restaurants

Thanks all will probably try both restaurants.

cheers cazi

Lancaster
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any nice chinese restaurants

Cazi

We ate at Zheng He's last year and it was excellent, well worth a visit!

Fiona

London, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any nice chinese restaurants

Zheng Hes is a must!!!!

London, England
Level Contributor
399 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any nice chinese restaurants

Zheng He's, if your budget is up to it.

If not, Noodle House, is also in Madinat Jumeirah and is excellent value.

Another favourite of mine is Thai Chi, at Wafi Pyramids.

Rick

UK
Level Contributor
69 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any nice chinese restaurants

I would recommend Zheng He at the Mina. We stayed in Dar Al summer house in 2005 and it was really nice having dinner at Zheng He and then a few cocktails in the bars on the complex. Enjoy yourself...

dubai
Level Contributor
479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Any nice chinese restaurants

Hi, Zheng Hes at the Madinat would be closest to you at JBH. It is very good. But I also like Shang Palace at the Shangri La - although it can be fairly quiet; the food is excellent. If you are looking for prices similar to UK try Summer Palace at the Metrolpolitan the food is very good also.

The Noble House in Raffles is excellent but they only offer 4 course, 5 course or 6 course alternatives. The 4 course costing just slightly under 600 dirhams a head for soup, starter, main course and desert not including drinks. 5 course is same plus dim sum and the 6 course you get one glass of champagne and a pre-desert before desert ? which cost just under 900 dirhams per person. Its very good but not a typical chinese/cantonese in UK; if that is what you are looking for.. - if you dont like truffles, abolone, caviar, seafood - I would suggest you go elsewhere. It is very much an experience and I did enjoy it but dont think I will be rushing back. Our meal was just over 400 pounds for 2 with a bottle of wine plus water and coffees.