We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with hotel choice please.

london, uk
Level Contributor
105 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help with hotel choice please.

Hi

My wife and I plan to visit Dubai for a week at the end of October and need recommendations for a 4 or 5 star hotel or a serviced apartment and the merits of each.

Our time will be spent sightseeing, shopping, going on tours,and frequenting great bars and restaurants so we want to be within easy access of these things.

As for the beach, I'm one of those people who view them as nice to look without getting sand between my toes.

Our budget will be around GBP 150 per night.

Thanks in advance.

dazarooni

Belgium
Level Contributor
37 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with hotel choice please.

Hi,

This is a though one as you're going in high season...

Check out following hotels:

- One&Only Royal Mirage, The Palace: still my all time favourite.

- The Harbour Residence (which is in Dubai Marina area, maybe too far from the old town but it will meet your budget)

- Hilton Jumeirah Beach: nothing special but it's beachfront and good rates - book well in advance.

- Sheraton Jumeirah Beach: nothing special but it's beachfront and good rates - book well in advance.

- Hilton Dubai Creek: on the Creek, no beach but good hotel with nice views and good rates.

Another good city hotel is Arabian Park hotel, which is a 3* but very very nice hotel if beach is not a must.

Hope this helps,

2. Re: Help with hotel choice please.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 23:18