We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

friday brunch what are they like? where to in August?

southampton
Level Contributor
65 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
friday brunch what are they like? where to in August?

I am coming to Dubai on the 17 Aug, I would like to pre-book a friday brunch as I understand these are best booked in advance. Has anyone been to one lately what was it like, how much did it cost and was it worthwhile?

I am staying in LRM so considering Ritz Carlton or Al Qasr as I have seen positive comments about both.

Any comments?

dubai
Level Contributor
445 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: friday brunch what are they like? where to in August?

i live for friday brunch..lol, have been to a fair few lately but my all time favorite has be to al qusar. i will give you a little list and prices.

Al qusar - 395 dhs pp, sparkling wine throughout as well as beers, sangria, mojhitos, wines.

i think it has the biggest food selection of all the brunches, its spread over the 3 reaturants on ground floor so is massive and u will get anyfood u can imagine. (best book now as we had to wait 3 weeks the other week, weve already booked for xmas as its brilliant xmas day)

The Ritz - i would avoid with a barge pole, its in a pokey little room that looks like a retirement home, hardly any food, its more expensive at 450dhs and u only get 1 bottle of sparkling, not free flowing like every other brunch.

The Wharf mina a salam - this is 395 dhs, its ok, good food selection but annoying having to walk over to the other resturant u can use. Sparling wine throughout again. good kids section

The palace - next to the burj dubai tower, great service and champagne throughout, good food but not as much selection as other 400 dhs

JW Marriot - (down town) spread over 3 resturants, bamboo lagoon is the best to sit in though, loads of chinese dim sum, sushi and tepenyaki and lobster etc

good entertainment too

Has different drinks packages but we always just have the top one, which is 395 for free flowing champagne and also beers, wines, cocktails.

great seperate childrens bit.

Spice island - (down town) approx 295dhs for wines, beers etc, great food and atmosphere

The grand millenium (al barsha, back of mall of emirates) new hotel, off beaten track but ok brunch

240 dhs including all wines, beers, breezers, spirits (no fizzy stuff though)

The Fairmont - 450 dhs- a great brunch, moet champagne, great food selection (not good for kids though as no section for them)

Beachcombers - cant remember price but not what i would really class as a 'proper' bruch under my rules of brunching..lol

good asian food and if your not in the mood for a full on brunch

i am sure there are some i have forgotten, have fun

kelly

Mentioned in this post
Spice
Spice
8 Reviews
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Muscat, Oman
Level Contributor
6,288 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: friday brunch what are they like? where to in August?

Great post - loads of info. I'm sure it will be saved by many and used to answer this question over the coming months.

Forum favourites do seem to be Al Qasr and The Fairmont.

Newark
Level Contributor
380 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: friday brunch what are they like? where to in August?

Mr Piggy and I tried the fairmont earlier in March this year and yes WE ARE going back in October..great food and Drink ........great Port and Cheese room.

Twickenham, London
Level Contributor
194 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: friday brunch what are they like? where to in August?

Fairmont Hotel's Friday brunch is brilliant... its in an amazing setting, loads of food, and of course the free flowing Moet! What more could you want...

dubai
Level Contributor
479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: friday brunch what are they like? where to in August?

Al Qasr, Spectrum on One Fairmont and Yalumba - The Wharf at Mina Salem but not in August (its mainly outside terrace based) and you better book up quickly cos you just might not even get in at the top few mentioned.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: friday brunch what are they like? where to in August?

im hungry

dubai
Level Contributor
479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: friday brunch what are they like? where to in August?

hi sharon

have you tried the ouzi lamb ???? it's to die for...... yummy

southampton
Level Contributor
65 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: friday brunch what are they like? where to in August?

Thank you so much really helpful response, I have just now fired of an email to both Al Qasr and the Fairmont. Hope this is the best way to book from the UK but if anyone can advise of a better method or contact I would be grateful.

Thanks again - better start that overdue diet again now.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
201 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: friday brunch what are they like? where to in August?

I was just at the Fairmont last Friday and it was one of the best. It was 450 AED with none stop Moet. The selection was great, lobster, king crab, shrimp, sushi, lots of live cooking stations and a beautiful restuarant also. I will diffenitly have to make it there again. Saying this Al Qasr is my favorite during the cooler months when one can dine alfresco, but just not as good in the summer. Just choose one at the high end hotels and you wont be disappointed. Just don't make any plans after brunch, you won't want to do anything else. Enjoy!!

Staffordshire, UK
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: friday brunch what are they like? where to in August?

Can anyone tell me if these occur during Ramadan? We are due to go in Sept and assumed that brunch would be unavailable.