We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello from Mina A Salam!

Cheshunt...
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hello from Mina A Salam!

Hi,

Will do a full trip report when I return home but just too let everyone know, who will be out here soon, the hotel is a great as previous years and the weather is hot!

Arrived early Wednesday morning and the room was available by 12 midday. We have not done alot since arriving apart from sit by the pool, eat and drink! I think we will make more of an effort next week and I have all my notes from here on what I want to do etc.

So far we have eaten at The Butchers Shop (MOE) excellent, Anar I think it was and MJ's both in the Souk. Tonight we are going to Zheng Hes as some friends of ours who are staying at DAM are celebrating their birthdays.

I am looking forward to meeting those who will be here for the TA meet that PAWNorthants has arranged on the 5th.

Must go now as I am using the PC in the premium leisure that is only supposed to be for kids! Got told off earlier today when I tried to log on!

Bye for now

Ann

London, United...
Level Contributor
923 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hello from Mina A Salam!

Ann

Glad you are having a great time, it sounds like everyhing at the Mina is good,

Zheng Hee's yummy, enjoy the rest of your holiday.

dubai
Level Contributor
479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hello from Mina A Salam!

Hi Ann,

Glad you arrived safe and well and enjoying the Mina !!

Where are you meeting on the 5th ?? I know we have a TA meeting arranged at the Dhow and Anchor for the 14th with Jackoblack, Chelseababe, Lalee and devon cream I think plus some residents.

Ooh I could just eat crispy duck and beef with mushrooms at Zheng hes!! Dont forget 20% off bill at Madinat Restaurants if you pay with your VISA card - Promotion that Jumeirah Group are doing at present!!

dubai
Level Contributor
479 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hello from Mina A Salam!

sorry that should of been 25% off bill if paying with VISA card - runs up to 15th September if I remember correctly. Lots of restaurants in hotels and Souk are offering this discount (not for brunches)- but as the saying goes....every little helps !!! lol

Happy Eating !!!

Cheshunt...
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hello from Mina A Salam!

Hi Michelle,

Zheng Hes was fab!

We are meeting in the Nakhuda Bar which is at the Wharf here at the Mina - it would be great if you could come too!

Paul (PAWNorthants) has PM'd people so I am not too sure who else is coming but Iknow there should be around 10 of us at least.

Let me know

Thanks,

Ann

Cheshunt...
Level Contributor
200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hello from Mina A Salam!

Sorry - should have said if anyone else would like to come along then please do - the more the better.

We go home on the 8th so cant make the 14th.

Ann

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hello from Mina A Salam!

Hey Spursgal.

So glad to hear you are having a great time and MAS lived up to expectations.

Wish I was there to join in your meeting!!! Hope you have a great night with fellow TA Members.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday and you really do need to get up off the sun loounger and do something ! LOL and this comes from soemone who does nothing on holiday!!!!! (Well apart from shopping:-)

Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
91 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hello from Mina A Salam!

Hi Folks

We are having a great time At Zighy Bay, will follow up when we get home, Looking forward to meeting those who are available on the 5th. Glad you are having a great time Ann, and look forward to a glass of champers in the lounge.

See you soon

Paul

Broxburn, UK
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hello from Mina A Salam!

look forward to hearing more about Zighy Bay as considring booking there for next year. Hope you enjoy the rest of your holidays and all have a brilliant time all getting together on the 5th. We go on the 20th so unfortunately are not able to meet up with you all.

To everyone who is there just now or about to go, have a brilliant holiday.

London
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hello from Mina A Salam!

Second the request for Zingy Bay; we're also looking at it for next year :-)

Happy and safe holidays to everybody :-)

10. Re: Hello from Mina A Salam!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 05:22